It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Canadian Deals 'n eShopping > Chapters.Indigo 10/25 coupons (expire Dec 1)

Chapters.Indigo 10/25 coupons (expire Dec 1)

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Common Cents  
Growin' Gills!
Add Common Cents to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Common Cents
Send a Private Message to Common Cents!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in fallible

Addiction Index™: 627
Dec 01, 2002  7:00 AM 16

Thanks Bylo - I used 975G18227C9050383364.

BTW, it was used just now at 8am on 1Dec02, so I suppose they're good till midnight tonight!?!

"Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things" - Ecclesiastes:10-19
:bow:$$$$$:bow:

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
bylo  
I live for Juju!
Add bylo to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bylo
Send a Private Message to bylo!Visit bylo's homepage!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
Addiction Index™: 3053
Dec 01, 2002  9:10 AM 17

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs
Thanks for posting everyone --- these expire in an hour.....

No. Heather's e-mail said 01Dec02 at 11:59pm.

BTW if you use a CIBC credit card to place the order, do it via CIBC eShops and get an extra 100 AP miles.
[Edit: That site seems not to be working at the moment ]

Edited by bylo on
Dec 01, 2002 at 9:18 AM

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Dec 01, 2002  11:18 AM 18

Originally posted by Cyanne

Don't they expire tomorrow night?

OY!

I'm all mixed up over here...

Costa The Slaveboy
eac381  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add eac381 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from eac381
Send a Private Message to eac381!Visit eac381's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 431
Dec 01, 2002  1:48 PM 19

I used 769G05962C7789608963 for LOTR and Spider-man. Thanx Bylo

CSK'sMom  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add CSK
Send a Private Message to CSK'sMom!

Committed in Jun 2002
I'm in Niagara Falls
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 1153
Dec 01, 2002  9:33 PM 20

Anyone else having problems at chapters.ca? I just can't believe that every book I want (a list of over 25) is temporarily unavailable for order. Whatever that means I'm gonna have one disappointed kid come Xmas morn if these really are unavailable 'cause it's a no-go on amazon as well. They only sell them as a $700 set...

Janet
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Dec 01, 2002  11:17 PM 21

Originally posted by CSK'sMom
Anyone else having problems at chapters.ca? I just can't believe that every book I want (a list of over 25) is temporarily unavailable for order. Whatever that means I'm gonna have one disappointed kid come Xmas morn if these really are unavailable 'cause it's a no-go on amazon as well. They only sell them as a $700 set...

Ordered 3 books yesterday so the site is working. I also had a huge list and most seemed to be in stock.

Costa The Slaveboy
CSK'sMom  
Add CSK

Committed in Jun 2002
I'm in Niagara Falls
Ontario
Dec 01, 2002  11:27 PM 22 Dell.ca: Great deals on Windows PCs!

Thanks Costa for the reply. I guess I just might have to head to the b&m store... Why oh why must I have odd (meant in a nice way of course ) kids that want books for Xmas... I know these books are a geat deal on the web ($3) but I can't imagine the whole set of Great Illustrated Classics being out of stock. Even more boggling is that the website says the books are temporarily unavailable to order, not out of stock..

Janet
bylo  
I live for Juju!
Add bylo to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bylo
Send a Private Message to bylo!Visit bylo's homepage!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in dexer
GTA
Addiction Index™: 3053
Dec 02, 2002  5:39 AM 23

I know these books are a geat deal on the web ($3) but I can't imagine the whole set of Great Illustrated Classics being out of stock. Even more boggling is that the website says the books are temporarily unavailable to order, not out of stock..

This happened to me a couple of years ago when they had a series of travel books on sale at unbelieveable prices. When I called them they said that all printings had sold out and the publisher had no plans to print more. Apparently that's what "Out of stock" means, as opposed to "Temporarily unavailable" which means they're waiting for more copies.

Why they continue to show the former, especially when "Out of print" would be more understandable remains one of life's mysteries. AFAIK Amazon.com does the same thing.

So the bad news is that if you want these for Christmas presents you're out of luck. It's possible though, that there are used book stores that have some or all of the set.

P.S. Have you tried http://www.abebooks.com/ ? They're a US site but they "front" for many Canadian booksellers. You can even restrict your search to Canada, e.g.

Search Results

We found 18 matching books in our database for: New Search
Keywords: Great Illustrated Classics

Edited by bylo on
Dec 02, 2002 at 5:42 AM

mbg  
Add mbg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from mbg
Send a Private Message to mbg!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Thunder Bay
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 1612
Dec 02, 2002  7:07 AM 24

Thanks Costa for the reply. I guess I just might have to head to the b&m store... Why oh why must I have odd (meant in a nice way of course ) kids that want books for Xmas... I know these books are a geat deal on the web ($3) but I can't imagine the whole set of Great Illustrated Classics being out of stock. Even more boggling is that the website says the books are temporarily unavailable to order, not out of stock..

This is why Chapters needs a "find it in store" function on their website. This is one competitive advantage they would have had over Amazon. But, I suppose they felt they were safe and didn't bother.

If they'd cut back on the gay music, the gay gifts and the gay colours and get back into bookselling, they might have a chance. But I wouldn't be surprised if the company is bought up by someone else in a few years... or maybe they will keep the B&M, get out of the online business and just become an Amazon associate

CSK'sMom  
Add CSK

Committed in Jun 2002
I'm in Niagara Falls
Ontario
Dec 02, 2002  8:35 AM 25

Originally posted by bylo

This happened to me a couple of years ago when they had a series of travel books on sale at unbelieveable prices. When I called them they said that all printings had sold out and the publisher had no plans to print more. Apparently that's what "Out of stock" means, as opposed to "Temporarily unavailable" which means they're waiting for more copies.

Why they continue to show the former, especially when "Out of print" would be more understandable remains one of life's mysteries. AFAIK Amazon.com does the same thing.

So the bad news is that if you want these for Christmas presents you're out of luck. It's possible though, that there are used book stores that have some or all of the set.

P.S. Have you tried http://www.abebooks.com/ ? They're a US site but they "front" for many Canadian booksellers. You can even restrict your search to Canada, e.g.

Thanks Bylo. I just spent about an hr rummaging around on that site. Boy are some of those sellers ever on the pricey side. These books have a retail value of $9.95 US and $11.95 CAN new. Some of those sellers want $7 and $8 US for 1995 editions colored in by previous owners! I think I'm gonna head over to Book Depot and rummage around. I'm sure I'll find some there, if not it's off to the local Chapters and Coles.

Janet
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Canadian Deals 'n eShopping > Chapters.Indigo 10/25 coupons (expire Dec 1)   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
3:43 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)