It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Cheapest DVD player

Cheapest DVD player

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
May 29, 2001  11:02 PM 1

I'm looking to buy the cheapest dvd player I can get from a e-tailer or big ass chain (i.e. wal-mart, Leons etc). MP3 would be nice but not necessary. All I really need is a cheap box to play burned vcd since I don't want to wear out my region free DVD player to quickly.

Walmart had an Oriton box the size of a enclopedia volume for $150 but checked two local stores and it appears to have been pulled along with the entire like of Memorax DVD Players except for one built into a 27 inch tv.

Even just a VCD player would be cool if anybody knows of any that reads cd-r's

Thanks for any advice

NG

Edited by NakedGord on
May 30, 2001 at 12:30 AM

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Unregistered  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
May 30, 2001  10:50 PM 2

The Apex dvd players are not too expensive (around 320$ at future shop for the AD700), and they play mp3, cd-r, cd-rw and vcd.
The AD700 is also upgradable via a cd. There is also a patch on the net that will allow you to make your player region free.

chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju
Add chdude3 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chdude3
Send a Private Message to chdude3!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Addiction Index™: 4045
May 30, 2001  11:34 PM 3

For $320, I think you could likely get a much higher quality player than the Apex... I've never heard much good about them, even if you can make them regionfree. Just my opinion!

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Cheapest DVD player   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
3:03 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)