It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Steamboy, a core full of steam but no love

Steamboy, a core full of steam but no love

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery
Add Rustling Leaf to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rustling Leaf
Send a Private Message to Rustling Leaf!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Addiction Index™: 2395
Apr 10, 2005  11:33 PM 1

The animation is amazingly lush. You really feel immersed in this industrial steam world. Most of the time, the computer animation is so well blended into the traditional animation that you can't tell which is which. There's only a few shots where the computer animation sticks out. Unlike Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, the CG isn't trying to draw attention to itself (most of the time), and is used as part of the story telling process.

But there's something about this movie that prevents it from becoming a thing that you treasure and love. I think that something is the lack of heart. It's an ok story, lots of exciting things happen, and the music score is good. But other than the excitement felt during the action scenes, there's little other emotion and feeling.

Howl's Moving Castle wasn't Miyazaki's best work, but it was made memorable because it had so much heart and emotion. Steamboy, on the other hand, is forgettable.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
bookhead  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add bookhead to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bookhead
Send a Private Message to bookhead!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in side your computer

Addiction Index™: 1491
Apr 22, 2005  3:55 AM 2

Boy, they didn't have much of a theatrical release for this one! I really wanted to see it on the big screen, but I blinked and it was gone. I can't believe there's not more support for anime in TO - I guess all the fanboys are hunkered down with their DVD players and cheesies in their basements somewhere...

Civilization is a pyramid scheme. -Ronald Wright
Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery
Add Rustling Leaf to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rustling Leaf
Send a Private Message to Rustling Leaf!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Addiction Index™: 2395
Apr 22, 2005  9:25 PM 3

No cheesies. Leaves a mess on the penis when watching hentai.

bookhead  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add bookhead to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bookhead
Send a Private Message to bookhead!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in side your computer

Addiction Index™: 1491
Apr 23, 2005  12:33 AM 4

Originally posted by Rustling Leaf
No cheesies. Leaves a mess on the penis when watching hentai.

OMG!

Civilization is a pyramid scheme. -Ronald Wright
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Steamboy, a core full of steam but no love   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
4:01 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)