It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   22 23 24 25   26    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
A Juju Slave  

Committed in
I'm in

Addiction Index™:
Apr 22, 2009   376

If we could please refrain from the name calling here and keep this thread dedicated to Concerns and Comments about the Bowl, it would be much appreciated.

If you have a serious concern, please do not hesitate to contact one of the moderating staff via a Private Message.

-A Juju Slave/Moderator

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
ladyzander99  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add ladyzander99 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from ladyzander99
Send a Private Message to ladyzander99!

Committed in Sep 2005
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 139
Oct 21, 2009  9:53 AM 377

Hi,I was wondering if someone could help? When I click the links at the top of the bowl for Deals or eshop I just get a blank page does anyone know why? I can only get into the freebie part.

Edited by ladyzander99 on
Oct 26, 2009 at 8:47 AM

chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju
Add chdude3 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chdude3
Send a Private Message to chdude3!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Addiction Index™: 4045
Oct 26, 2009  7:04 PM 378

Originally posted by ladyzander99
Hi,I was wondering if someone could help? When I click the links at the top of the bowl for Deals or eshop I just get a blank page does anyone know why? I can only get into the freebie part.

Thanks for the heads-up. This is now being looked into.

Wanting what I've got. Life is good!
pdickson  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• I'm Brand-Spanking New! •
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add pdickson to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from pdickson
Send a Private Message to pdickson!

Committed in Dec 2009
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 3
Dec 29, 2009  10:49 AM 379

New & Hot Teen Books at Chapters!

Does anyone know why there are some contests that indicate you must pay all taxes and fees (which could really add up) and they stick to the rule.

I have won about 6 trips now and even though every one of them state you must pay the taxes and flights are from major airport, I have never had to pay the taxes and they have always flown me from my hometown airport. I asked one contest broker, and she said that as long as we stay below the prize limit they will pay the taxes.

I would pay for the above depending on the prize, but in my town it is 500.00 for one person to fly to our closest major airport, just to get to the start of the prize. Then the taxes and fees would be 300.00 to 400.00 each depending on the trip. This would be multiplied by 2 as the prizes are usually for 2 people.

The reason I ask is I just won another contest. It is a trip for 2 to Ireland for 4 days and is apparently worth 10,000.00. The guy is calling me back and making the arrangements in January.
I would absolutely love to go to Ireland, but it is pay all taxes and fees for airport and hotel, and to start from a major airport would be 1500.00 or more. Now I am worried that even though we could keep it below 10,000.00 , we still may have to pay the taxes. (which we could not afford to do)
Does anyone know if this can be negotiated, or if it is up to the individual contest providers.

dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Dec 30, 2009  8:04 AM 380

Originally posted by pdickson
Does anyone know why there are some contests that indicate you must pay all taxes and fees (which could really add up) and they stick to the rule.

I have won about 6 trips now and even though every one of them state you must pay the taxes and flights are from major airport, I have never had to pay the taxes and they have always flown me from my hometown airport. I asked one contest broker, and she said that as long as we stay below the prize limit they will pay the taxes.

I would pay for the above depending on the prize, but in my town it is 500.00 for one person to fly to our closest major airport, just to get to the start of the prize. Then the taxes and fees would be 300.00 to 400.00 each depending on the trip. This would be multiplied by 2 as the prizes are usually for 2 people.

The reason I ask is I just won another contest. It is a trip for 2 to Ireland for 4 days and is apparently worth 10,000.00. The guy is calling me back and making the arrangements in January.
I would absolutely love to go to Ireland, but it is pay all taxes and fees for airport and hotel, and to start from a major airport would be 1500.00 or more. Now I am worried that even though we could keep it below 10,000.00 , we still may have to pay the taxes. (which we could not afford to do)
Does anyone know if this can be negotiated, or if it is up to the individual contest providers.

Usually the contest rules really cover the sponsor's butts for any kind of liability or obligation at all, so in the end it always comes down to the individual contest providers.
If you are polite there is a good chance you could negotiate something, though, so good luck.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   22 23 24 25   26    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
5:08 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)