It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Futureshop "deals" on DVDs

Futureshop "deals" on DVDs

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Kevin  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
May 26, 2001  12:50 PM 1

Futureshop's price on the Under Siege & Under Siege 2 DVDs: $19.99 each. That's the _every day_ discounted price. The white tag "regular" price is $21.99.

The preferred customer sale at Futureshop will offer 10% off the white tag price on DVDs. That means the DVDs will be $19.79 each + tax. Total savings: $0.40.

There are stores which sell these regularly at roughly $16-18 every day. If the sale really is off FS' full, non-discount prices, then you're not getting much of a savings!

So did I read the sale info wrong? Because on the sale page, the header says "off the LOWEST TICKETED PRICE" yet on the specific DVD area it says off the white tag regular price.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
May 28, 2001  2:44 PM 2

If the sale really is off FS' full, non-discount prices, then you're not getting much of a savings!

I think that was their thinking too! Sometimes sales are more hype than savings - they just want to get people into the store.

Costa The Slaveboy
mbg  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add mbg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from mbg
Send a Private Message to mbg!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Thunder Bay
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 1612
May 28, 2001  2:53 PM 3

I noticed the same thing...they have On Deadly Ground and Out For Justice for $17.99.. I picked these up at ZELLERS of all places for $14.99.

Even Rocky SE was cheaper at Zellers -- $17.88 vs. 18.99

Martin7922  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Martin7922 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Martin7922
Send a Private Message to Martin7922!Visit Martin7922's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
Addiction Index™: 224
May 28, 2001  4:31 PM 4

The nice thing about Future shop is their willingness to price match. The other day I bought the Mummy, Ultimate edition. Price at Future Shop was (and still is) $26.99. Across the street at Costco it was $24.99. I just had to mention the fact (which they knew darn well) and so that's what I paid. Plus I got the Areoplan points from Future Shop and on my credit card.

BTW, I used the coupon to get $10 off the price of admission to see Mummy II. good deal all round

mbg  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add mbg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from mbg
Send a Private Message to mbg!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Thunder Bay
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 1612
May 28, 2001  6:30 PM 5

Originally posted by Martin7922
The nice thing about Future shop is their willingness to price match. The other day I bought the Mummy, Ultimate edition. Price at Future Shop was (and still is) $26.99. Across the street at Costco it was $24.99. I just had to mention the fact (which they knew darn well) and so that's what I paid. Plus I got the Areoplan points from Future Shop and on my credit card.

I thought you had to spend $50 to get Aeroplan points..?

Martin7922  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Martin7922 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Martin7922
Send a Private Message to Martin7922!Visit Martin7922's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
Addiction Index™: 224
May 28, 2001  7:45 PM 6

Yes you are right. But I did buy something else at the same time. The point is you get no Aeroplan points at Costco, nor can you use your Areoplan credit card at Costco. Therefore Futureshop gives me double points relative to nothing at Costco for the same price.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Futureshop "deals" on DVDs   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
10:36 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)