It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Canadian Deals 'n eShopping > Bank bonuses for opening an account

Bank bonuses for opening an account

Go to FIRST page   1   2  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
eBuddy  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add eBuddy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from eBuddy
Send a Private Message to eBuddy!Visit eBuddy's homepage!

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 250
Oct 17, 2004  3:08 PM 1

Some financial institutions offer bonuses when opening an account.

1) ING Bank - free $13 to the account holder & the new referral.
2) ING Mortgage - the account holder & friend who opens a mortgage each get $300!
3) Amex Bank - free $10 to both. You need a current account holder to make the referral.
4) RBC Leo's Young Savers Account- my preschooler got a free $5 deposit so check with your local branch. A good start for children to become better savers than their parents!
5) TD Canada Trust - some offers offer a free piggy bank for a no-fee child account.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
yewhou  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• I'm Brand-Spanking New! •
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add yewhou to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from yewhou
Send a Private Message to yewhou!

Committed in Oct 2004
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1
Oct 27, 2004  1:45 AM 2

Originally posted by eBuddy
Some financial institutions offer bonuses when opening an account.

1) ING Bank - free $13 to the account holder & the new referral.
2) ING Mortgage - the account holder & friend who opens a mortgage each get $300!
3) Amex Bank - free $10 to both. You need a current account holder to make the referral.
4) RBC Leo's Young Savers Account- my preschooler got a free $5 deposit so check with your local branch. A good start for children to become better savers than their parents!
5) TD Canada Trust - some offers offer a free piggy bank for a no-fee child account.

Also, Citizen's Bank has a new promotion till November 22nd

Citizen's Bank: Free $50 to the account holder and free $50 to the new referral

eBuddy  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add eBuddy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from eBuddy

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in
Ontario
Oct 27, 2004  11:52 AM 3

Unfortunately, Citizens Bank does not seem to allow online deposits, e.g., make irregular transfers from your bank account. ICICI Bank's 2.5% and Manulife Bank's 2.35% no-fee online savings accounts are much better.

Originally posted by yewhou
Citizen's Bank: Free $50 to the account holder and free $50 to the new referral

winegumboy  
Recently Committed Human
Add winegumboy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from winegumboy
Send a Private Message to winegumboy!

Committed in Oct 2004
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 7
Oct 30, 2004  4:39 PM 4

Unfortunately, Citizens Bank does not seem to allow online deposits, e.g., make irregular transfers from your bank account. ICICI Bank's 2.5% and Manulife Bank's 2.35% no-fee online savings accounts are much better.

I have been using Citizens Bank for the past 2 years and I was able to link my other bank accounts (Royal bank, President's Choice Financial) with Citizens Bank to transfer funds between them. Also the current promotion of $50 bonus for opening a new Investment account is great. However, you do need a current member to refer you to get the bonus.

vincent_voltair  
Recently Committed Human
Add vincent_voltair to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from vincent_voltair
Send a Private Message to vincent_voltair!

Committed in Aug 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 27
Nov 07, 2004  12:38 AM 5

Shop at Chapters.Indigo.ca for Great Savings!

Originally posted by winegumboy

I have been using Citizens Bank for the past 2 years and I was able to link my other bank accounts (Royal bank, President's Choice Financial) with Citizens Bank to transfer funds between them. Also the current promotion of $50 bonus for opening a new Investment account is great. However, you do need a current member to refer you to get the bonus.

But this is an Investment account, right? What sort of restrictions do they put on your money? Is it something you can withdraw quite easily without any penalties?

winegumboy  
Recently Committed Human
Add winegumboy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from winegumboy

Committed in Oct 2004
I'm in

Nov 07, 2004  11:53 AM 6

Originally posted by vincent_voltair

But this is an Investment account, right? What sort of restrictions do they put on your money? Is it something you can withdraw quite easily without any penalties?

This is their Investment Savings Account. They have the same restrictions as other banks. If you deposit a cheque for a large amount, they will hold it like any other bank. There are no penalties for withdraw as it is not a GIC and money can be easily be taken out by ATM or transferred by internet, or phone banking to your linked accounts at other banks. Their accounts are covered by CDIC and they are a subsidery of Vancouver Savings Credit Union.

With their current promotion, it is a good deal to join; however, you need to be referred by a current member.

winegumboy  
Recently Committed Human

Committed in Oct 2004
I'm in

Nov 07, 2004  12:21 PM 7

Also, after joining, a new member can refer a friend or family member and both get $50.00 bonus each.

eBuddy  
Thoroughly Brainwashed

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in
Ontario
Nov 10, 2004  4:38 AM 8

I opened a Citizens Bank account to get the $50, so if anybody else wants to get $50, PM me your email address. Unfortunately, the deadline for Citizens' great offer is coming up soon on Monday, November 22.

winegumboy  
Recently Committed Human

Committed in Oct 2004
I'm in

Nov 10, 2004  8:44 AM 9

I opened a Citizens Bank account to get the $50, so if anybody else wants to get $50, PM me your email address. Unfortunately, the deadline for Citizens' great offer is coming up soon on Monday, November 22.

Also, good information to know about the current promotion.
A new member can only sign up 1 more person to get the bonus.
It is not unlimited referrals for new members.

eBuddy  
Thoroughly Brainwashed

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in
Ontario
Nov 10, 2004  10:56 AM 10

You are misreading the terms. Once you are a member, you can have "endless referrals" & earn $50 for each person. Unfortunately, it takes a couple of weeks to have the account opened, so my relatives had to give me their email addresses all at once in order to earn the $50 bonus in time for the November 22 deadline, since time will run out to refer other people themselves.

So anybody that is not a member yet needs to be referred ASAP & prepare the following documents for mailing this week:

· A copy of two (2) pieces of identification (photocopied front and back to clearly identify your signature), ensuring that one piece of identification is government issued. A secondary piece of identification can include a major credit card or health care card.
· A personalized cheque (including address) drawn on your personal account at another Canadian bank or credit union made payable to yourself for a minimum of $500, for your initial deposit into your new Citizens Bank account.
· Verification of your physical address. We will accept a copy of a recent utility or cable bill, or lease agreement (from a leasing company, not a private landlord).

By the way, one should avoid joint accounts so that each separate member will earn the $50, i.e., PM separate email addresses.

Originally posted by winegumboy
A new member can only sign up 1 more person to get the bonus.
It is not unlimited referrals for new members.

sk8tr  
Recently Committed Human
Add sk8tr to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sk8tr
Send a Private Message to sk8tr!

Committed in Aug 2001
I'm in SANE in the membrane.

Addiction Index™: 22
Nov 12, 2004  8:06 PM 11

I signed up for this too. I'm just bumping it because its the best deal around.
Also you can PM me for referrals too...

Xiggy  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• I'm Brand-Spanking New! •
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add Xiggy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Xiggy
Send a Private Message to Xiggy!

Committed in Nov 2004
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1
Nov 12, 2004  8:34 PM 12

Or you can PM me for a referral too!

sk8tr  
Recently Committed Human
Add sk8tr to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sk8tr
Send a Private Message to sk8tr!

Committed in Aug 2001
I'm in SANE in the membrane.

Addiction Index™: 22
Nov 20, 2004  10:12 PM 13

redflagdeals has this deal posted to their front page. You can get a referral from their thread on the subject by posting your email in the comments here...

eBuddy  
Thoroughly Brainwashed

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in
Ontario
Nov 20, 2004  10:21 PM 14

Why get the referral from Juju's competitor, when you can get the $50 referral right here?!

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Nov 21, 2004  12:59 AM 15

We don't allow referral links due to the potential abuse by people posting just to make money (i.e. spam-vertising), but anyone is free to ASK for a referral.

Just reply with "Someone one refer me!" (use PMs, let prone to email harvesting bots)

Costa The Slaveboy
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page   1   2  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Canadian Deals 'n eShopping > Bank bonuses for opening an account   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
8:48 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)