It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > [READ BEFORE POSTING] Guidelines for these forums

[READ BEFORE POSTING] Guidelines for these forums

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Oct 18, 2002  2:49 PM 1

Here's how the areas are now organized:

Thinking Outside the Bowl = safe, toned-down, generic, gender-neutral (typically) discussions. Juju doesn't want anyone visiting thid main area to be shocked or offended.

Intensely Serious Debate = strict debating on serious topics

The Melting Pot = Edgy, adult-themed, typically gender-specific, inconsequential, humourous and odd. Stuff that may scare away the new visitors either out of distaste, disinterest, or "I don't like the crowd in here" knee-jerk reactions.

Specifically, the Thinking Outside the Bowl forum is for:

• "General Interest" discussions. "Non-edgy" topics of general interest -- nothing too silly, personal, adult, or racy.

• Deals/shopping discussions that are too general to be considered deals or store-specific (e.g. "Don't you hate Mail-in-Rebates?", "What's with this $2 "network fee" on my phone bill?", "Do you prefer to shop Canadian?"). If it doesn't help you make a better purchasing decision, then it belongs here.

• Discussions/questions on Bowl rules/policy/functions -- don't be shy!

We readily agree that this is a vague and open-ended list, so don't worry about posting in the correct area too much. If it needs moving, one of the moderators will move it -- we won't bite your head off.

While Juju is up for non-deal/eshopping conversations, please remember that the Bowl is not a chat room. Please keep the frivolity to a minimum outside the special "[INANE CHAT]" thread in The Melting Pot forum.

Message Board: a place where people meet to have meaningful discussions that are valuable enough to be referenced in the future. The posts on a message board make up a huge resource of information. Like a library, but with discussions in the place of books. People usually end up searching for a discussion they read month ago to find information.

Chat Room: a place where people go when they're bored and just feel like shooting the breeze. Conversations are frivolous, inane, and not very well thought out. Messages consist of mostly 3 words bursts with lots of smilies and strange abbreviations. The discussions are totally and completely inconsequential and of no future use. If they're forgotten forever, no one will lose anything. No one would even bother looking anyway.

Costa The Slaveboy Edited by a Juju Slave on
Oct 18, 2002 at 3:49 PM

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Nov 01, 2002  5:32 PM 2

For real-time chat, check out the following:

"One on One" Chatting

• Trillian Private chatting with people on your buddy list. This installs on your PC and you chat without visiting a web site. (also works with ICQ, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, and AOL Instant Messenger so your friends don't have to switch messenger program)
  • MSN Messenger
  • ICQ Messenger
  • Yahoo Messenger
  • Paltalk

Chat Rooms

Costa The Slaveboy Edited by a Juju Slave on
Nov 05, 2002 at 10:13 AM

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > [READ BEFORE POSTING] Guidelines for these forums   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
11:44 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)