It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Burning dvd's

Burning dvd's

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
keighley130  
Recently Committed Human
Add keighley130 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from keighley130
Send a Private Message to keighley130!

Committed in Feb 2005
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 9
Sep 14, 2006  11:48 AM 1

Can someone recommend a good program for burning dvd's? I have no idea what to buy.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
gilsan  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add gilsan to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from gilsan
Send a Private Message to gilsan!Visit gilsan's homepage!

Committed in Jul 2001
I'm in Bridgewater NS

Addiction Index™: 1440
Sep 14, 2006  4:10 PM 2

I use nero, it meets all my burning needs and is relatively easy to use.
http://ww2.nero.com/enu/index.html

snugabugblankets.etsy.com
Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery
Add Rustling Leaf to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rustling Leaf
Send a Private Message to Rustling Leaf!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Addiction Index™: 2395
Sep 14, 2006  4:55 PM 3

If possible, try to get Nero 6 instead of 7. Many people don’t like Nero 7 because: it’s bloated with too many extra junk apps., the options interface is kinda messed-up, and the burn quality seems to be lower (especially for music CDs).

Other programs you might want to consider are Easy Media Creator (for beginners that never learn) and Alcohol 120% (for copying protected discs and image mounting on virtual drives). Clone CD/DVD is also pretty good for copying discs.

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
Sep 15, 2006  7:28 AM 4

DVDshrink and dvddrcrypter is also good for ripping DVDs to burn however you'll also need a burning app for them.

DVDshink can use Nero to burn but only if Nero is already installed on the PC.

The Naked Gord Program web broadcast. Video, Mp3s and more...
Paulbg2000  
Growin' Gills!
Add Paulbg2000 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Paulbg2000
Send a Private Message to Paulbg2000!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in the GTA
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 607
Oct 28, 2006  8:35 AM 5

I use CloneDVD for burning Clones and for also ripping the movie only...I use AnyDVD to get around protection...

DVDShrink is a great free program, it is a little slower than most of the other programs out there though....

mbg  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add mbg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from mbg
Send a Private Message to mbg!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Thunder Bay
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 1612
Oct 28, 2006  11:49 AM 6

Originally posted by Paulbg2000
I use CloneDVD for burning Clones and for also ripping the movie only...I use AnyDVD to get around protection...

DVDShrink is a great free program, it is a little slower than most of the other programs out there though....

Also, DVDShrink can't always shrink a movie as much as CloneDVD. That might be good for quality purposes, but sometimes when I've just wanted it to fit, DVDShrink hasn't allowed it.

popsmom  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add popsmom to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from popsmom
Send a Private Message to popsmom!

Committed in Nov 2006
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 131
Nov 14, 2006  10:08 AM 7 Save Up 90% With Our Deal of the Week at Chapters!

I use DVDFab, right now am using the trial version of DVDFab Gold....if I use the reg. one I do it thru there first, than use my dvd shrink...nero doesn't work for me as it always comes up saying the movie is right protected or something along those lines......have been very successful and haven't made to many garbage ones.

saugt  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• I'm Brand-Spanking New! •
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add saugt to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from saugt
Send a Private Message to saugt!

Committed in Mar 2006
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 3
Nov 30, 2006  8:42 PM 8

No problems here using Nero 7, although I don't use it for burning audio CDs. Agreed that it's totally bloated (like anything Nero has released since 5.5). I suggest you use Nero Lite or Nero Micro.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php...=80&t=69886
(you still need a Nero licence/serial to use with Lite/Micro)

I use AnyDVD to get around protection...

The drawback of using software like this is that it bypasses the protection/region instead of actually removing it altogether, such as with DVD Decrypter or DVD Fab Decrypter.

mrx  
Recently Committed Human
Add mrx to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from mrx
Send a Private Message to mrx!

Committed in Nov 2006
I'm in Dorchester
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 12
Dec 18, 2006  10:01 PM 9

Any problem with copyrights then go to
www.gamecopyworld.com They have info on burning games CDs and DVDs.But remember the info is there to only make copies for yourself.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Burning dvd's   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
5:12 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)