It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > What's with these Ultimate Version DVD Releases?

What's with these Ultimate Version DVD Releases?

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Y-Man  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Y-Man to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Y-Man
Send a Private Message to Y-Man!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Windsor, ON

Addiction Index™: 160
Aug 14, 2001  10:41 AM 16

Originally posted by Ivy
hey,
I just saw this:

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/302238p1.html

Maybe it will save someone from having to buy 2

Thanks Ivy. Looks like I got shafted on Tron and Escape from New York (I have Robocop, but it's the Criterion version - may not have to replace it)

But, at least I'll be waiting for Office Space, Total Recall and Terminator.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Ivy  
Slavegirl
Add Ivy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Ivy
Send a Private Message to Ivy!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in
Vancouver BC
Addiction Index™: 4540
Aug 17, 2001  4:19 AM 17

Glad the article was useful!

Rometiklan  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Aug 17, 2001  12:58 PM 18

Hey I know what you mean about Ultimate Edition DVDs. It's great to have the choice of the regular edition or the Ultimate Edition, but it really pisses people off when the choice comes months after the initial release of the regular edition. A couple of months after I bought the Die Hard regular box set, they go and announce the release of the 5 Star Box Set Collection. Bummer. They do it for a lot of movies these days and quite frankly, it gets a little old. I'm way more cautious now about buying DVDs. I'll wait weeks, even months if I have to, before I commit to buying a DVD. Hey it's just a money grab, and we the consumer fall for it a lot of the time. But I think this Ultimate Edition marketing sceme has backfired on the studios to a degree. I think it's made a lot of consumers a bit leery about buying initial releases of DVDs now. Now if the studio would only release the Ultimate Edition first and then the regular version...

I'm just wondering when Spielberg will get around to doing commentaries for his movies. Anyone have information about whether Spielberg will ever add commentary to his movies? I think a director of his stature would add tremendous weight to a movie with his insights. When he decides to do that, every Spielberg DVD I have will go the way of ebay. I'm still anxiously awaiting the Indiana Jones Box Set...that's going to be killer. That is, until they release the Indiana Jones Ultimate Edition Box Set.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > What's with these Ultimate Version DVD Releases?   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
8:22 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)