It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > HollyWebDVD: Canadian Online DVD Rentals Part 2

HollyWebDVD: Canadian Online DVD Rentals Part 2

Go to FIRST page   1   2 3 4 5  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 10
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Sep 03, 2001  2:36 PM 1

(Part 1 is now closed due to length - check it out here)

http://hollywebdvd.com

$26/month for an “unlimited” number of DVDs per month -- 4 in your possession at any one time. You can rent the DVDs as fast as CanadaPost can deliver them and can return ‘em. There’s no monthly limit. You can cancel any time you like.

HollyWebDVD is located and ships from Edmonton, Alberta.

DISCOUNT COUPON CODE: JUJULOVESDVD
Enter this code when you sign up, and your first month is half-price

(You are free to cancel after your first month - you're not locked in for any length of time)

Some frequently asked questions:

Q: Where does HollyWebDVD ship from?
A: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Q: Does a month always end at the end of the month or 30 days from when I sign up?
A: The month ends on the anniversary of the day your first selections were shipped out.
Example: you sign up on July 22, your first discs ship out Sep 25 => your first month ends Oct 25.

Q: How long does it take for the prepaid envelopes to be returned by mail? If the next batch of rentals is shipped only when all 4 of the previous batch is returned, then the return time directly affects how many rentals I can get in a given month.
A: Each disc comes with it's own return envelope. After you've watched your movie, mail it back right away. They will ship your next movie the SAME day your return is received, so turnaround time will be quick.

Q: What if I want to cancel the service?
A: If you want to cancel, you just notify them at a few days before your month is up. You then have 2 weeks to return any DVDs still in your possession.

Q: I'm in Edmonton. Can I simply pick up (an drop off) the DVDs myself instead of using Canada Post?
A: From Steve@Hollyweb: "That would introduce additional complexities that would impair our fulfillment time. You have to just mail the DVD's back. As well, one of the advantages of the service is that you don't have to drive to the video store."

Q: How many DVDs do I get per month?
A: This depends on how long you keep them and your location relative to Edmonton and distance to large cities. Most people have reported getting 10-14 discs.

Q: How many DVDs can I have in my possession at one time?
A: 4. When you sign up and choose your titles, you will be sent 3 discs. You can send them back in any order or quantity that you prefer. There are no dues dates or late fees. The sooner you send a disc back, the sooner you get the next DVD on your list.

Feel free to ask any questions about the service here. Steve from Hollyweb's customer service will pop in every now and then to answer any of your strange questions.

Edited by a Juju Slave on
Mar 26, 2002 at 4:30 PM

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Steve  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Sep 05, 2001  12:34 AM 2

Actually, I would like to clarify this further. Costa (aka Juju) has been more than helpful for us. Besides the great discussion here (from which we have made many suggested changes), he has personally made a bunch of recommendations which have helped us to become more DVD-enlightened

We would like to thank Costa and regret that we messed up our timing on the recent promo change. Of all the forums that myself or other Hollyweb team members monitor, this is by far the best one. . .and most enjoyable.

fb288  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add fb288 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from fb288
Send a Private Message to fb288!

Committed in Aug 2001
I'm in harmony!
Toronto, Ontario
Addiction Index™: 186
Sep 05, 2001  2:17 AM 3

Originally posted by Steve

Sorry: we're a little behind here. We are temporarily offering a new incentive for new clients of RFD and Juju's: One month free service. The Juju code is JUJULOVESDVD. Although there is some overlap, there are separate codes for each site. Note that this promotion will be limited time. . .

We screw up once in a while, but not for lack of effort

Cheers!

Steve
JUJULOVESDVD

Hey Steve,

This is a cool.. I have been reading the discussion thread in GFL, and I always wanted to try this out. But, I wasn't sure if this would work well, and worth the money... With this 1-month free promotion, I just signed up to try it out..

A few Questions:
1) Are you shipping out 3 discs at a time?

2) How do I verify the 1-mont free promotion code works? I can't find anyway to verify the promotion code is in effect after I logged in.

3) IF I don't think this suits my purpose, I assume I can cancel the account after the 1-month free trial, and there is no further obligation, right?

brash  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add brash to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from brash
Send a Private Message to brash!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1663
Sep 05, 2001  9:00 AM 4

Originally posted by Steve
Actually, I would like to clarify this further. Costa (aka Juju) has been more than helpful for us. Besides the great discussion here (from which we have made many suggested changes), he has personally made a bunch of recommendations which have helped us to become more DVD-enlightened

We would like to thank Costa and regret that we messed up our timing on the recent promo change. Of all the forums that myself or other Hollyweb team members monitor, this is by far the best one. . .and most enjoyable.

Well Steve,

This is great of you to give this deal to generate new subscribers from the bowl, but I have to admit to being a little miffed that you are now giving a free month, whereas those of us that jumped on the bandwagon in July and have been recommending your business on the forum had to settle for the discount offered back then.

In the long run, loyalty will be more important to your success than new customers who may not continue past the first month.

Brian
[Slightly dismayed that his wife's picks (Chocolat?!) have shipped and he is still waiting for his...]

kmacp  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add kmacp to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from kmacp
Send a Private Message to kmacp!Visit kmacp's homepage!

Committed in Sep 2001
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 137
Sep 05, 2001  6:35 PM 5

Originally posted by brash

Well Steve,

This is great of you to give this deal to generate new subscribers from the bowl, but I have to admit to being a little miffed that you are now giving a free month, whereas those of us that jumped on the bandwagon in July and have been recommending your business on the forum had to settle for the discount offered back then.

In the long run, loyalty will be more important to your success than new customers who may not continue past the first month.

i was a little miffed at this too, although i do understand that you have to do stuff like that to attract new business. i had another question that deals with price. on the banner up top it still says 24.95, but the writing on the main page says 29.95?!?

also a suggestion:
on the backs of your envelopes you have stuff advertising hollywebdvd, but did you ever think of renting out the ad space to various businesses? unless you were going for that postal worker market

don't know if it's feasible since it would involve printing up new envelopes, but something to think about in the future to help with your profit

kim

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
Sep 05, 2001  6:36 PM 6

to the forum kmacp.

The Naked Gord Program web broadcast. Video, Mp3s and more...
Steve  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Sep 05, 2001  7:00 PM 7

Originally posted by NakedGord
Steve: Right now I'm living in a ghetto and don't want to take the chance of getting 'em lifted. I'm moving (soon I hope ) but till then would you guys be opposed to sending 'em to a university postal department so I could grab 'em at the station till I move?
I'll bet there anyway so as long as you guys don't mind then that could work out nicely.

Sure. I mean. . .where could a naked guy hide DVD's anyway. . ?

skichick  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Sep 13, 2001  6:44 PM 8

Hey Steve,
have you guys thought of putting up a movie review system where renters can post reviews and rate movies (eg. 1-5 stars)?

Steve  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Sep 13, 2001  9:21 PM 9

Originally posted by skichick
Hey Steve,
have you guys thought of putting up a movie review system where renters can post reviews and rate movies (eg. 1-5 stars)?

It's actually in the works, but there are a few items to be completed before it is done.

Our next major project for the site is the sale of new and previously viewed DVD's.

The minor improvements continue. . .

Thanks for the suggestion!

kmacp  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add kmacp to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from kmacp
Send a Private Message to kmacp!Visit kmacp's homepage!

Committed in Sep 2001
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 137
Sep 14, 2001  5:09 PM 10

hey steve,
I'm assuming there's delays in mailings due to the fact there are limited airplanes right now?

kim

str8jkt  
Growin' Gills!
Add str8jkt to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from str8jkt
Send a Private Message to str8jkt!

Committed in Aug 2001
I'm in Calgary

Addiction Index™: 816
Sep 14, 2001  5:21 PM 11

Is everyone else having a problem getting their top picks from hollyweb? Also on three occasions two of my discs have been received at the same time by hollyweb. On all occasions only one discs is mailed out that day and the next is mailed out the next day. Wondering why?

Steve  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Sep 14, 2001  7:16 PM 12

Originally posted by str8jkt
Is everyone else having a problem getting their top picks from hollyweb? Also on three occasions two of my discs have been received at the same time by hollyweb. On all occasions only one discs is mailed out that day and the next is mailed out the next day. Wondering why?

Its probably too early for us to tell about the delay in mailings due to no airplanes, but it is a possibility. . .

In terms of your top picks, we are implementing a new inventory ordering system as follows: Our software is ordering additional copies of titles that are in the top 3 of any queue where our demand quotient (calculated from aggregate queues) is too high compared to our stock. We're hoping this will improve the situation. However, in cases where our stock is sufficient, you may not receive your top pick immediately anyway, depending on how it circulates.

Currently, our software will ship anything in your top 15 -- nothing below that. We are also working on a more sophisticated DVD allocation method. For example, we may dictate that you must receive one of your top 3, one of your top 10 and one of your top 15. Although this sounds simple, it is quite complex to implement and we are working through it. We will be advising as soon as something is in place.

Therefore, in general we are satisfied with our fulfillment, but we will be implementing a couple of improvements over the next couple of months.

Thanks for the continued comments!

Steve  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Sep 14, 2001  7:18 PM 13

Originally posted by str8jkt

BTW, I just checked and I believe you got your #1 today. Hopefully, we can continue that trend

gilsan  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add gilsan to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from gilsan
Send a Private Message to gilsan!Visit gilsan's homepage!

Committed in Jul 2001
I'm in Bridgewater NS

Addiction Index™: 1440
Sep 14, 2001  10:17 PM 14

Hollyweb DVD is now requesting 5 business days or 1 week prior to your anniversary date to cancel your account not 5 days as they had previously stated. I am glad I canceled a day earlier since I was not informed of their policy change

fb288  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add fb288 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from fb288
Send a Private Message to fb288!

Committed in Aug 2001
I'm in harmony!
Toronto, Ontario
Addiction Index™: 186
Sep 15, 2001  3:03 AM 15

Originally posted by kmacp
hey steve,
I'm assuming there's delays in mailings due to the fact there are limited airplanes right now?

kim

It looks like there are delays... See the press release from Canada Post here:
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/c...-e.asp?prid=511

I have sent a DVD back early this week, and it looks like it still hasn't got back...

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page   1   2 3 4 5  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 10
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > HollyWebDVD: Canadian Online DVD Rentals Part 2   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
11:47 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)