It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Dear Frankie: This Year's Whale Rider

Dear Frankie: This Year's Whale Rider

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
bookhead  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add bookhead to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bookhead
Send a Private Message to bookhead!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in side your computer

Addiction Index™: 1491
Apr 13, 2005  12:11 AM 1

Both Dear Frankie and Whale Rider are very culturally specific dramas that somehow manage to connect to a deeply universal emotional resonance. You might wish for subtitles at the beginning of this very Scottish movie, but by the midpoint you'll be immersed in the story such that you've transcended the accent-gap...

The acting is really splendid here, especially on the part of the three leads. Emily Mortimer, who's career has thus far been the definition of eclectic; Gerard Butler, who displays subtlety unforeseen in his Phantom role; and of course Jack McElhone, who's well-played character of Frankie is pivotal to the whole endeavour.

Although I'd rate just it a hair under the aforementioned exemplary Whale Rider -- for anyone who's ever had any kind of emotional attachment to parents or children, this one's gonna get to you...

5 out of 5.

Civilization is a pyramid scheme. -Ronald Wright
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Dear Frankie: This Year's Whale Rider   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
6:21 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)