It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Hoodwinked, anyone else like this movie?

Hoodwinked, anyone else like this movie?

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
sdifox  
Growin' Gills!
Add sdifox to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sdifox
Send a Private Message to sdifox!Visit sdifox's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Toronto
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 600
May 08, 2006  8:42 PM 1

I picked up the DVD and I have to say I was happy I did. I loved it. Already see it 3 times and I only got it on Saturday.

Optoma HD6800, 92" Greywolf II, Marantz AV9000 Outlaw 750, Def Tech BP-2000TL, BP-10B, LCR2000, Panasonic RP-82S, Pioneer DV-505, JVC 3-CD/ MD Deck, Technic 60 CD Changer, 1200+DVDs, 60 DVD-Audio
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Nemo  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Nemo to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Nemo
Send a Private Message to Nemo!

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in my own little world!
Beautiful BC!
Addiction Index™: 328
May 08, 2006  11:06 PM 2

My daughter is five and when Hoodwinked was in the theaters my Mom took her to see it. My daughter thought it was okay but "Granny" thought it was hysterical! I can't wait to see it! I am not sure there is a lot of funny stuff for little kids but I think it is a definite "must see" for adults! Thanks for your info and I think it is next on my list!
Nemo

This is more fun than when the pigs ate my little brother!!
sdifox  
Growin' Gills!
Add sdifox to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sdifox

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Toronto
Ontario
May 09, 2006  9:57 AM 3

Originally posted by Nemo
My daughter is five and when Hoodwinked was in the theaters my Mom took her to see it. My daughter thought it was okay but "Granny" thought it was hysterical! I can't wait to see it! I am not sure there is a lot of funny stuff for little kids but I think it is a definite "must see" for adults! Thanks for your info and I think it is next on my list!
Nemo

I don't think this is for a kid at all. Too many things that reference other things, a kid would not be able to correlate all of it.

Optoma HD6800, 92" Greywolf II, Marantz AV9000 Outlaw 750, Def Tech BP-2000TL, BP-10B, LCR2000, Panasonic RP-82S, Pioneer DV-505, JVC 3-CD/ MD Deck, Technic 60 CD Changer, 1200+DVDs, 60 DVD-Audio
Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery
Add Rustling Leaf to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rustling Leaf
Send a Private Message to Rustling Leaf!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Addiction Index™: 2395
May 09, 2006  9:05 PM 4

I watched this after sdifox’s recommendation. I agree the story doesn’t seem to be aimed at young kids. It’s got a Rashomon/Pulp Fiction thing going. I liked the humour and the dialog. Was very funny in a lot of spots. But the crappy character models and plastic-like texturing was a turn-off. Makes me appreciate how hard Dreamworks and Pixar work to make their stuff look as good as they do.

sdifox  
Growin' Gills!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Toronto
Ontario
May 12, 2006  8:18 PM 5

Originally posted by Rustling Leaf
I watched this after sdifox’s recommendation. I agree the story doesn’t seem to be aimed at young kids. It’s got a Rashomon/Pulp Fiction thing going. I liked the humour and the dialog. Was very funny in a lot of spots. But the crappy character models and plastic-like texturing was a turn-off. Makes me appreciate how hard Dreamworks and Pixar work to make their stuff look as good as they do.

If they had Dreamwork budget... This was done with 20M...Outsourced to animation school in Phillipines to save money, pissing off a lot of animation students in NA in the process.

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
May 14, 2006  9:51 PM 6 Dell.ca: Great deals on Windows PCs!

Originally posted by sdifox
If they had Dreamwork budget... This was done with 20M...Outsourced to animation school in Phillipines to save money, pissing off a lot of animation students in NA in the process.

Someone should explain to them that if the company had decided to go with North American labour, they wouldn't have enough money to do it.

So North American workers wouldn't have gotten the job either way. Unless American students wanted to get paid in Philippine Pesos...

Costa The Slaveboy
Jaymomma  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Jaymomma to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Jaymomma
Send a Private Message to Jaymomma!Visit Jaymomma's homepage!

Committed in Sep 2002
I'm in Cape Sable Island
Nova Scotia
Addiction Index™: 322
May 17, 2006  2:22 PM 7

I don't think this is for a kid at all. Too many things that reference other things, a kid would not be able to correlate all of it.

MOST kids movies have alot of references to things that kids can't relate too. They do this specifically so that parents will want to watch too.

Canadian Parents for French - Proud of two languages
sdifox  
Growin' Gills!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Toronto
Ontario
May 17, 2006  6:57 PM 8

Originally posted by Jaymomma
MOST kids movies have alot of references to things that kids can't relate too. They do this specifically so that parents will want to watch too.

Except this one is not funny at all if you don't know the references...

Jaymomma  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Jaymomma to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Jaymomma
Send a Private Message to Jaymomma!Visit Jaymomma's homepage!

Committed in Sep 2002
I'm in Cape Sable Island
Nova Scotia
Addiction Index™: 322
May 21, 2006  9:50 AM 9

Except this one is not funny at all if you don't know the references...

I took my 8 year old and his friend and they both loved it. I also rented it for a recent road trip and the kids watched it twice over the course of one weekend.

Canadian Parents for French - Proud of two languages
Paulbg2000  
Growin' Gills!
Add Paulbg2000 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Paulbg2000
Send a Private Message to Paulbg2000!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in the GTA
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 607
Jun 18, 2006  1:45 PM 10

My daughter loves this movie....However, it came off from an animation standpoint (IMHO) as a poor man's version of Pixar. For some reason, I cringe every time I see the frog character and Little Red looks a bit blocky at times, but from a story standpoint it was well done...

sdifox  
Growin' Gills!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Toronto
Ontario
Jun 19, 2006  5:15 PM 11

money was tight. and I am pretty sure they wanted a specific look with what they can afford. I think I must have seen it 30+ times. My 2 year old loves it so it's basically being worn off.

LOKI  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add LOKI to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from LOKI
Send a Private Message to LOKI!

Committed in Mar 2006
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 135
Jun 20, 2006  11:32 AM 12

rented it from our local library last night and had a blast watching it

especially since my hubby's name is Keith (you have to have seen the movie to know what I'm talking about)

2012 wins so far:
sdifox  
Growin' Gills!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Toronto
Ontario
Jun 20, 2006  6:07 PM 13

Originally posted by LOKI
rented it from our local library last night and had a blast watching it

especially since my hubby's name is Keith (you have to have seen the movie to know what I'm talking about)

your local library rents dvds?

LOKI  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add LOKI to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from LOKI
Send a Private Message to LOKI!

Committed in Mar 2006
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 135
Jun 21, 2006  10:05 AM 14

your local library rents dvds?

yup, $1 each. Much cheaper than either Rogers or Blockbuster

2012 wins so far:
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Hoodwinked, anyone else like this movie?   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
10:10 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)