It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Best DVDs to use your U.S. credits on? (ie not cheaper in Canada)

Best DVDs to use your U.S. credits on? (ie not cheaper in Canada)

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Unregistered  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Jul 15, 2001  1:20 AM 1

I have some Amazon GCs that I'd like to use. However, as you're probably aware, most of the DVDs in Canada are MUCH cheaper than they are online at US retailers. FOX and Warner DVDs are pretty much a waste of your credits if you pick it up online in the US.

So what have you found online that's good value for your US GCs? Right now, it seems Paramount, Criterion, and anime are a better use of your US credits. Anything else (brands or specific titles)?

I'm looking for action, sci-fi, fantasy.. that type of thing.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Jul 15, 2001  11:30 AM 2

I remember Fox and Warner being cheaper in Canada even 2 years ago.

As you mention, Criterion's are MUCH less expensive in the US. I never bother with Criterions locally.

I've never noticed any others that really stuck out as being less expensive in the US.

Costa The Slaveboy Edited by a Juju Slave on
Jul 15, 2001 at 12:43 PM

Y-Man  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Y-Man to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Y-Man
Send a Private Message to Y-Man!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Windsor, ON

Addiction Index™: 160
Jul 15, 2001  6:22 PM 3

I use the coupons to get DVDs I want that are only sold in the US. The latest one I'm in the process of getting is Supercop. It hasn't been released in Canada (that I know of)and many of the Canadian e-tailers don't carry it except as an import (more $$$).

There used to be a website that listed DVD releases and if they are release in the US or Canada or both.

Costa may remember what the site was called. I think it was the 'Canadian DVD users group?'

Other than that, I use the coupons for electronics (cell phone accessories, pda accessories, etc) but, I can do that since I have a brother in Ohio to deliver the stuff to.

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Jul 15, 2001  6:41 PM 4

Originally posted by Y-Man
There used to be a website that listed DVD releases and if they are release in the US or Canada or both.

Costa may remember what the site was called. I think it was the 'Canadian DVD users group?'

Hmm, CDUG lists "coming soon" releases.
http://www.canadiandvdgroup.com/comingsoon.htm

But I don't know of one that actually has a "either or both" list. ?

Costa The Slaveboy
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
Jul 15, 2001  9:47 PM 5 Save Up 90% With Our Deal of the Week at Chapters!

[b][i]
I'm looking for action, sci-fi, fantasy.. that type of thing.

When I get a big free dvd ($25 or so) I'll usually grab an Image since they are alot more up here. If you want any of the ed wood movies from Image you'd be getting a deal compared to Canadian prices.

Gootimes also has alot of wacky sci-fi titles and they are only sold in Canda through a re-distributor so they cost New Line prices even though they are generics. This is usually what I'll order when I have a $10 promo GC or whatever...they'll work out to be free or cheaper than a two loonies.

sdifox  
Growin' Gills!
Add sdifox to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sdifox
Send a Private Message to sdifox!Visit sdifox's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Toronto
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 600
Jul 15, 2001  10:40 PM 6

Anime DVDs are almost always cheaper in the States.

Optoma HD6800, 92" Greywolf II, Marantz AV9000 Outlaw 750, Def Tech BP-2000TL, BP-10B, LCR2000, Panasonic RP-82S, Pioneer DV-505, JVC 3-CD/ MD Deck, Technic 60 CD Changer, 1200+DVDs, 60 DVD-Audio
Y-Man  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Y-Man to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Y-Man
Send a Private Message to Y-Man!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Windsor, ON

Addiction Index™: 160
Jul 16, 2001  10:11 AM 7

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs

Hmm, CDUG lists "coming soon" releases.
http://www.canadiandvdgroup.com/comingsoon.htm

But I don't know of one that actually has a "either or both" list. ?

I could be wrong, but I think the site had that kind of listing before the redesign (i.e., coming soon page, but it had another column saying if it was available in Canada). Looks quite different now.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Best DVDs to use your U.S. credits on? (ie not cheaper in Canada)   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
8:18 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)