It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > The Melting Pot > [READ BEFORE POSTING] Rules for The Melting Pot

[READ BEFORE POSTING] Rules for The Melting Pot

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Oct 18, 2002  2:06 PM 1

Silly 'n Syrupy isn't broad enough for the different types of posts that should go in here anymore. So:

Melting Pot: n. 1. an environment in which many ideas [...] are socially assimilated"

The Melting Pot forum is for topics that Juju considers inappropriate for the main "Thinking Outside the Bowl" forum. "Inappropriate" is not necessarily a bad thing -- it just means that it doesn't have a good fit anywhere else. Remember that the mission of the Bowl is "Online Shopping & Deals", not chitchat.

Posts that fit in The Melting Pot:

• Jokes/humour/personality tests/links to fun online sites
  • Personal stuff like family life, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, children, etc
  • Lovey-dovey talk (e.g. "Inspirational Reflections") or candy-coated/syrupy talk that may make macho men gag
  • Heavy duty guy talk that may bore the women to tears
  • Adult themed discussion that may be offensive to some (e.g. "Do you smoke after sex?", "Are you a bitch?")
  • Inconsequential discussions (e.g. "Favourite brand of beer?", "Interesting Food Facts", "What colour is your dryer lint?"). Note that there is a limit to this -- this is not a chat room. You must still Post with Substance!
  • Discussions on recent news stories
  • Discussions on "reality" TV, soap operas (even the prime time ones!), talk shows (e.g. Springer, Oprah), etc.
  • Cooking 'n recipes, lawn mower repair, gardening, laundry tips, etc
  • Chit chat & inane chatter will be given free reign in one or two threads whose names are prefixed with [INANE CHAT] -- you can have your fun in there. (the moderators will mostly ignore these threads outright -- as usual, click on "Innappropriate Post?" to report problems)

NB #1
Discussions that start out in another forum but turn into a something that would fit here will be moved here. (e.g. a regular conversation turns into sillyness)

NB #2
Multiple threads on similar subjects will be merged to reduce clutter. (e.g. recipes should all go in same thread, birthdays go in same thread, etc).

NB #3
We can't possibly cover all topics here so from time to time the moderators will have to use their judgement as to whether a topic belongs here or not. Don't take offense if your topic is moved.

NB #4
In order to reduce the strain on the server caused by this non-core area, a few measures have been implemented:

• 1-33 minutes delay before your posts appear (though it may be longer if server is really busy). This delay does not apply to moderators as we need to avoid duplication of warnings/deletions/thread closings.
• no notification emails when someone replies

These changes should space out the traffic peaks a little so that all the talk doesn't kill the server.

Note that Juju's Bowl is a Message Board NOT a Chat Room.

Message Board: a place where people meet to have meaningful discussions that are valuable enough to be referenced in the future. The posts on a message board make up a huge resource of information. Like a library, but with discussions in the place of books. People usually end up searching for a discussion they read month ago to find information.

Chat Room: a place where people go when they're bored and just feel like shooting the breeze. Conversations are frivolous, inane, and not very well thought out. Messages consist of mostly 3 words bursts with lots of smilies and strange abbreviations. The discussions are totally and completely inconsequential and of no future use. If they're forgotten forever, no one will lose anything. No one would even bother looking anyway.

Costa The Slaveboy Edited by a Juju Slave on
Oct 29, 2002 at 2:57 PM

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Oct 18, 2002  3:07 PM 2

Please note that older posts will not be affected by these new rules unless they are replied to from now on.

It would be too much work to go back through the old threads. But if it shows up at the top of the forum because someone replies, it'll be reviewed for compliance.

Costa The Slaveboy
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > The Melting Pot > [READ BEFORE POSTING] Rules for The Melting Pot   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
8:07 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)