It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Blade II - Wicked Comic Book Action

Blade II - Wicked Comic Book Action

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1 2   3    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 3
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
dell1r1ous  
Recently Committed Human
Add dell1r1ous to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from dell1r1ous
Send a Private Message to dell1r1ous!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in North York
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 13
Mar 25, 2002  11:25 AM 31

I watched Blade II on Saturday night and I just have to say that it was awesome! I thought that it was better than the original because of the improvements in fighting choreography, special effects, Blade's character development, interesting weaponry and an unpredictable plot line. I thought the movie concept of Blade matured in the right way by sticking to its strengths, i.e. action with an attitude. I recommend the movie to anyone who likes to see alot of good fighting sequences.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
E Man  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add E Man to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from E Man
Send a Private Message to E Man!

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in different
B.C.
Addiction Index™: 273
Mar 25, 2002  12:51 PM 32

Originally posted by vangleason

I have no problem with closeups. I do have a problem with action sequences that are so "cutty" that there is no chance to become emotionally invested in the action (ie. Blade II). This style is exhausting, boring and ultimately, lazy.

I'm going to have to agree on a certain level and say, yes, vangleason, you are correct. The fight scenes in Blade II are often overcut by Del Toro with close-ups. My main annoyance with this is that you know the talent fighting have rehearsed out the wazoo, only to not have it shown off. I didn't find it horrible this time around, just annoying.

But the film is still fun.

E Man
Raxel  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Mar 25, 2002  9:25 PM 33 Toys You'll Love Under $15 at Chapters!

Don't like it

just another good guy would never die movie

flex  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add flex to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from flex
Send a Private Message to flex!Visit flex's homepage!

Committed in Feb 2002
I'm in
Toronto
Addiction Index™: 280
Mar 26, 2002  4:25 PM 34

blaed 2 suked - an not in a good vampier way - laeder in wurst move of teh yaer!

locutusx  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add locutusx to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from locutusx
Send a Private Message to locutusx!

Committed in Aug 2001
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 137
Mar 27, 2002  1:21 AM 35

vangleason how do you feel about HK films? i.e. say the ones that John Woo did about 10-12 years ago?

flex  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add flex to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from flex

Committed in Feb 2002
I'm in
Toronto
Mar 27, 2002  3:27 AM 36

fir a good fihgt sene - how abut rob roys sowrd fihgt - that shoed evrythin frum a wied anlge

also teh hong kong muvies usauly trow in a litel mellodrmitec storey - unleik blaed 2

Unregistered  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Mar 27, 2002  2:56 PM 38

. . . so that we can pick it apart for laziness, trendiness, and poor use of talented actors . . . We've heard a lot about what you dislike, but nothing about what you actually consider good . . .
P.S. If you start by talking about the Matrix, I may have to hit you ;-)

flex  
Thoroughly Brainwashed

Committed in Feb 2002
I'm in
Toronto
Mar 27, 2002  6:57 PM 40

vanglaesin - rihgt on to teh wild bunch - dont litsen to al that trash talk frum teh unrigistrd guy - yuo suond lik yuo nknow yuor moveis - matrix had a cool idae an ran it itno teh gruond

brash  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add brash to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from brash
Send a Private Message to brash!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1663
Mar 27, 2002  9:20 PM 42

Originally posted by vangleason

Well, for starters, how about the final battle in The Wild Bunch?

And please, don't get me started on The Matrix. I had to nail my feet to the floor to keep myself from walking out of that one.

I right there with you on the Wild Bunch, Vangleason. Great movie, bloody brilliant, really.

Generally I would tend to support any of Vangleason's recommendations, although I happy to say I am not yet so jaded in my movie tastes that I have to walk out of movies, I expect if I had seen as many as Vangleason I probably would be.

othdawg  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add othdawg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from othdawg
Send a Private Message to othdawg!Visit othdawg's homepage!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Vangroover
BC
Addiction Index™: 1745
Mar 31, 2002  12:07 AM 43

Well finally saw blade 2.. While I didnt feel the urge to walk out, I have to say it was really nothing special.

I think the main thing it lacked was a villian that people could identify with. In Blade 1 Stephen Dorff was pretty damn evil, but he was still cool. In this one, all the baddies are absolutely repulsive. All the switcheroos get a bit tiring too. The ending scene was a bit on the nauseating side too. Not for extreme gore, just schmaltzy. If you've seen it you will know what I mean..

All in all, I didnt hate it, didnt love it. I would recommend it for a rental, but thats about it. Donnie Yen was totally wasted too! Oh well..

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1 2   3    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 3
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Blade II - Wicked Comic Book Action   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
1:26 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)