It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Digital cable lineup - go/nogo?

Digital cable lineup - go/nogo?

Go to FIRST page   1   2 3  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 3
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Will you be getting any new digital cables?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
One or two, a la carte 5 15.63%
Gonna get a package! 5 15.63%
None, all crap! 20 62.50%
Just pridevision for me, its fabulous! ($5.95?) 2 6.25%
Total: 32 votes 100%

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
othdawg  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add othdawg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from othdawg
Send a Private Message to othdawg!Visit othdawg's homepage!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Vangroover
BC
Addiction Index™: 1745
Jan 04, 2002  12:02 AM 1

Hey all,

I was curious to see if anyone will be getting ANY of the new digital channels offered.. Personally I wouldnt pay 50 cents extra for ALL of them, they are garbage! Course I dont watch much these days anyway..

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
othdawg  
Add othdawg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from othdawg

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Vangroover
BC
Jan 04, 2002  12:11 AM 2

oops, should have specified.. digital cable channels! teehee

brash  
Add brash to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from brash
Send a Private Message to brash!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1663
Jan 04, 2002  11:20 AM 3

I'm assuming that these are the same new channels being offered by the satellite carriers. I am going to pick up Scream, because any channel that shows Kolchak: The Night Stalker must be supported.

wetone  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add wetone to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from wetone
Send a Private Message to wetone!

Committed in Sep 2001
I'm in the Southern Interior of BC

Addiction Index™: 114
Jan 04, 2002  12:45 PM 4 Save Up 90% With Our Deal of the Week at Chapters!

Of course you have to live somewhere were digital cable is even available to have to worry about these things!

Kelliwags  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Kelliwags to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Kelliwags
Send a Private Message to Kelliwags!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in Winnipeg
Manitoba
Addiction Index™: 150
Jan 04, 2002  3:04 PM 5

I'm getting a package only because there's a couple channels we really like, like the mens network (cops, nasty neighbors, taxicab confessions), and the 3 sports channels (NASCAR RULES). Unfortunately the bill goes up, but what can ya do?

gilsan  
Add gilsan to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from gilsan
Send a Private Message to gilsan!Visit gilsan's homepage!

Committed in Jul 2001
I'm in Bridgewater NS

Addiction Index™: 1440
Jan 04, 2002  6:34 PM 6

There are 5 channels I liked so I signed up with my digital cable it will be $150 a months I don't know how long I will keep them. The time shift package is what swayed me to get the package I never watch any thing I tape so it will give me a second time to catch any thing I wanted to see

othdawg  

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Vangroover
BC
Jan 04, 2002  8:20 PM 7

Originally posted by gilsan
There are 5 channels I liked so I signed up with my digital cable it will be $150 a months I don't know how long I will keep them. The time shift package is what swayed me to get the package I never watch any thing I tape so it will give me a second time to catch any thing I wanted to see

what is the time shift package? is that specific to rogers? a tivo-type thing?

gilsan  
Add gilsan to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from gilsan

Committed in Jul 2001
I'm in Bridgewater NS

Jan 04, 2002  8:30 PM 8

Originally posted by othdawg

what is the time shift package? is that specific to rogers? a tivo-type thing?

I'm not sure if it is specific to rogers, but you get both east coast and west coast channels (Halifax to Vancouver)

othdawg  

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Vangroover
BC
Jan 04, 2002  11:49 PM 9

I'm not sure if it is specific to rogers, but you get both east coast and west coast channels (Halifax to Vancouver)

Interesting.. I'm in vancouver, so its shaw here.. havent heard that mentioned yet. I'll check their useless webpage

Abstrakt  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Jan 05, 2002  10:02 PM 10

Just the new HDTV package for me... I never thought I'd say this, but Rogers needs to be commended for their support of this format!

I'm looking forward to reruns of The Sopranos and Band of Brothers in all their 1080i HD glory and DD 5.1 sound, once the TMN HD feed launches later this month.

Cheers.

adrianhensler  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add adrianhensler to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from adrianhensler
Send a Private Message to adrianhensler!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 124
Jan 06, 2002  6:18 AM 12

I have some complaints about the digital box. We have a motorola model (2200 I think; I am not getting off my butt to check) and changing the channels takes 'forever' compared to the TV. We are big time surfers; flipping up and down and all over while waiting for something or just killing a half hour. And for it to acquire the next channel takes over a second. I know this may seem like nitpicking for some; but using the regular TV tuner; I can get through about ten channels in a second. And if you flip away just as a phrase or word or phone number shows up; by the time you flip back you have missed it.

Also; the digital artifacting here is dismal. I am often reminded of a bad realplayer stream. I can't imagine what it would look like on a TV larger than our 27 inch.

...and the content is pretty poo if you ask me. I like TechTV, iFilm; the doumentary channel and National Geographic. The packages offered here are pretty poor; and you can only pick and choose certain channels; others are only offered in the larger more expensive packages.

I am undecided as yet. We loose the channels tomorrow I think; maybe I will change my tune then. I do like the 40 channels of digital music; but that i just offered as long as you have thier digital box.

gilsan  

Committed in Jul 2001
I'm in Bridgewater NS

Jan 06, 2002  8:56 AM 13

Originally posted by adrianhensler

Also; the digital artifacting here is dismal. I am often reminded of a bad realplayer stream. I can't imagine what it would look like on a TV larger than our 27 inch.

Our Digital box isn't that bad we also have a program guide on the screen so it is easier to surf. I do agree that the digital channels take a couple seconds to come in, but I love the program guide. You can watch one show and flip through the guide to see what else is on

othdawg  

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Vangroover
BC
Jan 06, 2002  5:01 PM 14

Our Digital box isn't that bad we also have a program guide on the screen so it is easier to surf. I do agree that the digital channels take a couple seconds to come in, but I love the program guide. You can watch one show and flip through the guide to see what else is on

I have to say after seeing my relatives starchoice that the sat. users have a much, much better program guide.. goes much quicker and it shows an hour and a half worth of programs, rather than the useless half hour display we get.. I'm really disappointed with the digicable in general

gilsan  

Committed in Jul 2001
I'm in Bridgewater NS

Jan 06, 2002  9:08 PM 15

Originally posted by othdawg

I have to say after seeing my relatives starchoice that the sat. users have a much, much better program guide.. goes much quicker and it shows an hour and a half worth of programs, rather than the useless half hour display we get.. I'm really disappointed with the digicable in general

The program guide I have show an hour and a half of shows and you can scroll 2 hours back and 1 week ahead! It is through rogers in Ontario

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page   1   2 3  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 3
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Digital cable lineup - go/nogo?   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
7:16 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)