It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Apocalypto

Apocalypto

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery
Add Rustling Leaf to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rustling Leaf
Send a Private Message to Rustling Leaf!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Addiction Index™: 2395
Jan 04, 2007  2:55 AM 1

So is it official that this movie bombed at the box office?
I thought it was a pretty good movie. It stayed exciting and interesting to watch throughout. Good action. Good pacing. Good cinematography.

Only things I didn’t like were the scene where the little girl suddenly starts spouting prophecies, and the scene at the very end which was so blatantly historically inaccurate that it bugged me. But since it's a very good action movie, that can be forgiven.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
radish  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add radish to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from radish
Send a Private Message to radish!

Committed in Jun 2006
I'm in kamloops
b.c.
Addiction Index™: 331
Jan 06, 2007  1:39 PM 2

I havent seen the movie. but i dont think it bombed. Well .... thats to say the last i heard of the movie,its first week out, it was #1.

a room with a view
dewcat  
I'm just a slave in a gilded cage.
Official Juju Slave!
Send a Private Message to dewcat!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in flagrante delicto
in the land of winter
Addiction Index™: 4569
Jan 06, 2007  2:11 PM 3

Originally posted by radish
I havent seen the movie. but i dont think it bombed. Well .... thats to say the last i heard of the movie,its first week out, it was #1.

It did well at opening (Dec 8) but has plummetted like a block of lead since then. It was already in 13th place by its 3rd week.

I think there was a lot of curiosity about it at the beginning and it got quite a few good reviews but it's not everybody's cup of tea.

radish  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add radish to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from radish
Send a Private Message to radish!

Committed in Jun 2006
I'm in kamloops
b.c.
Addiction Index™: 331
Jan 06, 2007  2:21 PM 4

Originally posted by dewcat
It did well at opening (Dec 8) but has plummetted like a block of lead since then. It was already in 13th place by its 3rd week.

I think there was a lot of curiosity about it at the beginning and it got quite a few good reviews but it's not everybody's cup of tea.

Too right, i probably would have seen it if i hadnt thought i would be thinking about Mel's drunken tirade through the whole thing....

a room with a view
milksopwhiner  
Unregistered

Committed in -
I'm in

Addiction Index™: -
Jan 08, 2007  7:02 PM 5 Toys You'll Love Under $15 at Chapters!

A 47-million-dollar gross isn't too bad for a movie that is in Mayan.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Apocalypto   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
3:41 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)