It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Vangleason's Top 10 of 2005

Vangleason's Top 10 of 2005

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
VanGleason_Knob  

Add VanGleason_Knob to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from VanGleason_Knob
Send a Private Message to VanGleason_Knob!

Committed in Jan 2006
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 3
Jan 22, 2006  11:16 AM 1

Vangleason's Top 10 of 2005
(in alphabetical order)

C.R.A.Z.Y. (Jean-Marc Vallee)
Devil’s Rejects, The (Rob Zombie)
Good Night and Good Luck (George Clooney)
Grizzly Man (Werner Herzog)
King Kong (Peter Jackson)
Nobody Knows (Hirokazu Kore-eda)
Sin City (Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez)
Three Rooms Of Melancholia (Pirjo Honkasalo)
War Of The Worlds (Steven Spielberg)
Wassup Rockers (Larry Clark)

Most Overrated:
Bareback Mountain

Worst Director:
Dang Lee

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
mbg  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add mbg to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from mbg
Send a Private Message to mbg!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Thunder Bay
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 1612
Feb 01, 2006  5:49 PM 2

I agree about Bareback Mountain, but I haven't seen ANY of the movies

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
Feb 01, 2006  6:54 PM 3

Originally posted by VanGleason_Knob

What's up with this and why does VG's old nick have the huge block logo. Have I missed something around here that'd merit that?

The Naked Gord Program web broadcast. Video, Mp3s and more...
VanGleason_Knob  

Add VanGleason_Knob to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from VanGleason_Knob

Committed in Jan 2006
I'm in

Feb 03, 2006  6:24 AM 4

Originally posted by NakedGord
What's up with this and why does VG's old nick have the huge block logo. Have I missed something around here that'd merit that?

I had to register a new nickname because when I went to post my annual list under my old nickname, it just wouldn't post. If the administration wanted to censor and/or slap my wrists it might have been a delightfully tasteless remark I made about Gretzky's Mama kicking the bucket and how Wayne would save some bucks on future Xmas presents. In any event, whatever the reason, I have indeed posted my annual list under my new nickname and all I have to add is that I'm even more astounded about the continued and utterly moronic over-reaction to the snore-fest of the year, Bareback Mountain. Give me Andy Warhol's Lonesome Cowboys any day.

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord

Committed in May 2001

Feb 16, 2006  4:58 PM 5

I had to register a new nickname because when I went to post my annual list under my old nickname, it just wouldn't post. If the administration wanted to censor and/or slap my wrists it might have been a delightfully tasteless remark I made about Gretzky's Mama kicking the bucket and how Wayne would save some bucks on future Xmas presents. In any event, whatever the reason, I have indeed posted my annual list under my new nickname and all I have to add is that I'm even more astounded about the continued and utterly moronic over-reaction to the snore-fest of the year, Bareback Mountain. Give me Andy Warhol's Lonesome Cowboys any day.

That blows

For what it's worth I believe that it just puts your post in limbo till it can be approved by a mod.

Regarding the statement honestly I didn't find it really off. It was a public news story on all the major networks. Wasn't like it went after anybody personally in the bowl. Was quite funny on a saterical level of the obsession we have with not only the celebrity industry but also exteneding to our collective obsession with their personal lives.

I've actually been pondering a conspiracy theory that Grezky's mom and grandmother were knocked off by the mafia over gambling debts (seriously not joking) and I'm wondering now if that would be over the line if I posted it

VanGleason_Knob  

Committed in Jan 2006
I'm in

Feb 18, 2006  3:22 PM 6

Really? Well, that's a bit annoying. I totally buy your conspiracy theory - especially in light of recent events. As for any of my comments that may have offended, I also recall telling some depressed poster that she should turn to booze and drug abuse to solve her multitude of domestic problems. Who knows what offends in these days of political correctness - which, by the way probably accounts for the overwhelmingly idiotic Hossanahs for Bareback Mountain. Gay cowboys should be having fun. They shouldn't be all self important and morose.

Originally posted by NakedGord
That blows

For what it's worth I believe that it just puts your post in limbo till it can be approved by a mod.

Regarding the statement honestly I didn't find it really off. It was a public news story on all the major networks. Wasn't like it went after anybody personally in the bowl. Was quite funny on a saterical level of the obsession we have with not only the celebrity industry but also exteneding to our collective obsession with their personal lives.

I've actually been pondering a conspiracy theory that Grezky's mom and grandmother were knocked off by the mafia over gambling debts (seriously not joking) and I'm wondering now if that would be over the line if I posted it

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants

Committed in May 2001

Feb 23, 2006  3:59 AM 7

Really? Well, that's a bit annoying. I totally buy your conspiracy theory - especially in light of recent events. As for any of my comments that may have offended, I also recall telling some depressed poster that she should turn to booze and drug abuse to solve her multitude of domestic problems. Who knows what offends in these days of political correctness - which, by the way probably accounts for the overwhelmingly idiotic Hossanahs for Bareback Mountain. Gay cowboys should be having fun. They shouldn't be all self important and morose.

Things get weirder and weirder. For some reason it still shows me as the last poster in this thread on the front page otherwise I would have posted sooner.

Regarding the booze and drugs like I musta missed that one. Well sometimes it is tricky to tell who'll take a tongue in cheek remark the wrong way.

Bareback Mountain....I'm not sure on this one...It looks like a big pile of plodding crap however it's pissing off the moral conservative establishment so much I can't help but have some affection for it - even if I'll never see it lol.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Vangleason's Top 10 of 2005   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
1:11 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)