It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > The Melting Pot > Share Your Favorite Recipe

Share Your Favorite Recipe

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   20 21 22 23   24    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 24
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Tickled Pink  
Growin' Gills!
Add Tickled Pink to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Tickled Pink
Send a Private Message to Tickled Pink!

Committed in Mar 2002
I'm in
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 793
Oct 08, 2004  7:21 AM 346

Originally posted by Ivy
I'm going to make spaghetti squash for the first time this weekend. Found some good recipes on Allrecipes.com but they all say pull the "spaghetti" out and mix it with stuff. Can you not eat the flesh between the spaghetti and the shell as well? Anyone know anything about eating squash or want to recommend a good recipe?

Thanks fishes!
I've been trying to broaden my culinary/nutritional horizons and your tips and comments have been most helpful.

Ivy

Hi Ivy

I use this site for all my recipes and and questions i have i love this site. But not as much as this one
http://www.recipezaar.com/

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
off the wall  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add off the wall to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from off the wall
Send a Private Message to off the wall!

Committed in Aug 2004
I'm in
BC
Addiction Index™: 137
Oct 17, 2004  1:54 AM 347

for thos that have bananas that have gone really soft this is a good one my son loves it

Banana Cookies

Ingredients:
18 1/2 oz Package chocolate cake mix
1/3 c Mashed bananas, ripe
1 Egg
2 tb Water
6 oz Semisweet chocolate pieces
Instructions:
Combine cake mix, bananas, egg, and water in a bowl.
Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
Stir in chocolate pieces.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets.
Bake in 350 degree oven 8 minutes or until done.
Remove from baking sheets; cool on racks.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen.

say what you mean,and mean what you say because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind
Neen  

Add Neen to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Neen
Send a Private Message to Neen!

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Demand!

Addiction Index™: 4098
Oct 18, 2004  10:56 AM 348

I ran across this one. For thoes who like to play jokes, here's one for you!!!

It's called kitty litter cake.

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipe...littercake.html

р��.���`�.�><((((�>FEH!!
Ivy  
Slavegirl
Add Ivy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Ivy
Send a Private Message to Ivy!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in
Vancouver BC
Addiction Index™: 4540
Oct 18, 2004  11:54 AM 349

Originally posted by Tickled Pink

Hi Ivy

I use this site for all my recipes and and questions i have i love this site. But not as much as this one
http://www.recipezaar.com/

Thanks Tickled! I've never seen that one before, will keep it in mind for next time. By the way....the spaghetti squash didn't turn out very good! We ended up throwing it out. Better luck next time, I guess!

Ivy

Ivy  
Slavegirl
Add Ivy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Ivy
Send a Private Message to Ivy!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in
Vancouver BC
Addiction Index™: 4540
Oct 18, 2004  12:09 PM 350

Originally posted by Neen
I ran across this one. For thoes who like to play jokes, here's one for you!!!

It's called kitty litter cake.

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipe...littercake.html

That is awesome!!
Very realistic! You would think people would be hesitant to even try that.

heaven2  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add heaven2 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from heaven2
Send a Private Message to heaven2!

Committed in Dec 2001
I'm in the swim.
Cheers!
Addiction Index™: 1147
Jun 29, 2005  9:17 PM 351 Toys You'll Love Under $15 at Chapters!

I made spagetti squash for dinner tonight.

I used a big knife to cut it in half lengthwise, then scooped out the seeds and soft centre bits that surround the seeds using a spoon.

Placed it cut side down on a Corelle plate, added a few Tablespoons of water and covered with plastic wrap. Zapped it in the microwave on high for 7 minutes. Pulled the strands out with a fork - a little like pasta, though the texture and flavour is not the same as pasta, its good, esp when topped with sauce and meatballs! Yummy!

It was just a tad too soft - I prefer mine a little more "a la dente". My mistake. I'd selected a smaller squash and then did not adjust the recipe by shortening the time to reflect the smaller mass. I still have the second half for another meal.

RAT_SALAD  

Add RAT_SALAD to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from RAT_SALAD
Send a Private Message to RAT_SALAD!

Committed in May 2005
I'm in winnipeg
manitoba
Addiction Index™: 160
Jun 30, 2005  12:27 PM 352

Originally posted by Ivy
That is awesome!!
Very realistic! You would think people would be hesitant to even try that.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow.....I'm for SURE making that for my husband on his b-day.....(24th july) he'd get a huge kick out of that..imagine it with candles..

Anyone know of a recipie for that super moist zuchini chocolate cake??

get freebies now, ask what they are later.
daffodil71  
Growin' Gills!
Add daffodil71 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from daffodil71
Send a Private Message to daffodil71!

Committed in Nov 2001
I'm in Windsor
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 746
May 22, 2006  1:24 PM 353

This is a very tasty side dish that I have recently made to bring to a family dinner. Everyone seemed to like it well enough so I thought I'd share with my fellow fishies.

Lima Bean Corn Medley

2 tbsp butter or margarine

1 onion, chopped

¼ tsp each salt, pepper and dried thyme

1 cup frozen lima beans

1 cup frozen corn kernels

1 can (19oz) diced tomatoes, drained

In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion, salt, pepper and thyme until softened, about three minutes. Add lima beans, corn and tomatoes; cook, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes.

I DON'T BITE...well, maybe a little...
Neen  

Add Neen to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Neen

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Demand!

Dec 11, 2011  3:05 PM 354

Thought I would bring this one back up!! A lot of good recipes here!! Enjoy!!

р��.���`�.�><((((�>FEH!!
Godiva26  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Godiva26 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Godiva26
Send a Private Message to Godiva26!

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in Regina
SK
Addiction Index™: 260
Dec 13, 2011  1:15 PM 355

Just found this thread and I'm so excited to try some of the nummy looking recipes. Here is my contribution to quickish and simple...very filling and I never have leftovers (unfortunately..I love it reheated for lunch the next day..

Mom's Hamburger Casserole

Now this is based on a small roaster..if you use a bigger dish to bake it in, adjust ingredients accordingly.

1 lb lean ground beef

2-4 cans mushroom soup (I like it creamy...use only 2 cans if preferred or use more if pan is bigger. I usually use 3 with my small roaster)

1 onion in slices or chopped: size of onion depending on how big baking pan/dish is (or even mince them if you want to hide them from your kids who don't eat onions)

Raw potatoes, sliced (how many potatoes depends on size of baking dish) For a small roaster I think I do anywhere between 5-8 or so depending how big the potatoes are...I usually start by slicing 5 or 6 and go from there.

1. Fry hamburger until cooked (adding spices while its cooking..I use minced fresh garlic, onion salt and some lemon pepper but this part is to personal taste)

2. When hamburger is full cooked (no pink left) dump into bottom of pan. If there is any oil in the pan from the hamburger, drain before putting into pan.

3. Spread mushroom soup over top of all the hamburger...Can add mushrooms or corn or whatnot at this point if using as well.

4. Layer potato slices going around the pan until all the hamburger is covered (basically go in circles until all covered, and do this to make 2-3 layers (again depending how big your pan is) but usually 2-3 layers is enough as the potatoes are raw and take awhile to cook.

5. Cover with onions, then top with mushroom soup making sure everything is covered in soup.

6. Cover with a lid or tinfoil.

Bake @ 350 for about an hour or so. Stab the potatoes after an hour to check if they are soft yet. If they aren't, then leave oven longer and check after 30 mins. If still not cooked and soft, check every 15 mins or so. My oven is wacky so I tend to put it to 375 or so and check after 1.5 hrs. Basically you know your oven best and if it has little quirks like mine, then adapt as needed.

Serve as is, or with a salad or some veggies to complete the meal as you like. It's relatively simple and foolproof, yet filling and leaves them coming back for more (so you may have no leftovers either) lol.

*I've only ever made it this way, but feel free to experiment and tweak it as you like. Not sure if it would turn out the same if you used ground chicken and cream of chicken soup or something.*!

Bon Appetit!

If a tree falls in the forest will it kill the beaver that was gnawing on it?
Neen  

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Demand!

Jan 16, 2016  9:37 AM 356

Rhubarb Relish

12 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups sugar
1 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 2 hours or until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; cover with lids. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 12 months. Thaw frozen relish in refrigerator before serving.

р��.���`�.�><((((�>FEH!!
DouglasCNemeth  
Succumbing to Mind Control...
Add DouglasCNemeth to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from DouglasCNemeth
Send a Private Message to DouglasCNemeth!

Committed in Feb 2011
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 59
Dec 06, 2018  3:07 PM 357

Originally posted by hawgirl
Let's all post a favorite Christmas recipe that we can share with everyone. I love to bake at Christmas and am always looking for good recipes.

Microwave Chocolate Fudge

3 cup sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 cup chocolate chips
2 cup mini marshmello's
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together sugar, margarine & milk in a microwave safe bowl. Micro on high for 4 minutes. Stir. Micro on high for 3 minutes. Stir. Micro on high for 3 minutes. Add choc. chips, marshmello's & vanilla. Stir until the chips & marshmello's are melted. Pour in waxed paper lined 9x13 pan. Let cool, cut and watch them disappear.

You can also add 1/2 cup nuts or exchange the choc. chips for butterscotch chips.

Sweet baby jeebus!

This sounds delicious!

Neen  

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Demand!

Dec 20, 2020  11:07 AM 358

CARAMEL POPCORN SAUCE

Caramel sauce:

2 TBSP of milk

4TBSP of butter or margarine

6 TBSP of brown sugar

Boil in a pot until it is at a softball stage

Pour onto popped popcorn and mix.

My children loved this recipe.

р��.���`�.�><((((�>FEH!!
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   20 21 22 23   24    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 24
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > The Melting Pot > Share Your Favorite Recipe   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
1:44 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)