It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Star Wars Episode III bilingual packaging!

Star Wars Episode III bilingual packaging!

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
E Man  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add E Man to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from E Man
Send a Private Message to E Man!

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in different
B.C.
Addiction Index™: 273
Oct 28, 2005  7:09 PM 1

ARGH! I've just learned that the Star Wars Episode III package will be bilingual! That's completely inconsistent witht the other five films! Why Fox why? I know it's been talked to death here, and I have nothing against my Quebecois brothers, it's just cluttered packaging! Why not reversible labels? Geez...

E Man
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
monty  
Recently Committed Human
Add monty to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from monty
Send a Private Message to monty!

Committed in Sep 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 12
Oct 29, 2005  6:36 PM 2

I know, I KNOW it's been talked to death, and my hatred of bilingual covers is well documented, BUT THIS! This is just nonsense and terrible planning.

I don't know anyone - French OR English - that would be happy with this decision. If you were a Francophone and you bought the other 5 films with French packaging, now you have one, final piece that simply doesn't fit with the others. The same goes, in reverse, obviously, for the Anglophones that bought the English packaging.

Obviously I'm importing mine, $15.98 from Amazon.com, that's about $19 with today's exchange rate - pretty damn good, I say! I'm paying $4 for shipping, bringing the cost to $25, which is only about a dollar more than I'd pay for it with taxes here in this fascist state of Canada, ha ha.

Anyway, Fox Canada should be ashamed of themselves. I've ranted against bilingual packaging for years now, but I think a real sh*tstorm is gonna come down now that -choke- STAR WARS has been messed with. Don't underestimate the power of pissed-off nerds!

Including myself, obviously.

Philsy  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Philsy to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Philsy
Send a Private Message to Philsy!Visit Philsy's homepage!

Committed in Aug 2001
I'm in constant need of a hug in
Vancouver BC.
Addiction Index™: 122
Nov 01, 2005  4:15 PM 3

Originally posted by monty
Obviously I'm importing mine, $15.98 from Amazon.com, that's about $19 with today's exchange rate - pretty damn good, I say! I'm paying $4 for shipping, bringing the cost to $25, which is only about a dollar more than I'd pay for it with taxes here in this fascist state of Canada, ha ha.

How did you get $4 shipping? It's giving me $5.98. And I agree - I went down to HMV to get my copy today and was horrified to see the bilingual packaging. Why would they suddenly decide to do this with Ep III? Just stupid.

Phil

monty  
Recently Committed Human
Add monty to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from monty

Committed in Sep 2002
I'm in

Nov 01, 2005  5:02 PM 4

The secret to $4 shipping: convince somebody else you know to buy something and then split the cost.

E Man  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add E Man to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from E Man

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in different
B.C.
Nov 01, 2005  7:46 PM 5

Anyone find a scan of the US cover that one could print out? I'm trying but haven't found what I need.

E Man
MaxPower2000  
Growin' Gills!
Add MaxPower2000 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from MaxPower2000
Send a Private Message to MaxPower2000!

Committed in Aug 2001
I'm in Ottawa
ON
Addiction Index™: 593
Nov 03, 2005  12:03 PM 7

Simple, release yet another trilogy a year or so from now with new matching covers. Something every collector must have!

Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery
Add Rustling Leaf to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rustling Leaf
Send a Private Message to Rustling Leaf!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Addiction Index™: 2395
Nov 04, 2005  1:10 AM 8

Originally posted by MaxPower2000
Simple, release yet another trilogy a year or so from now with new matching covers. Something every collector must have!

With shiny, iridescent covers!
Then do it again for the HD discs.
Of course, each edition will have a few new bonus features, and super, amazing, enhanced CG, better than the original CG and FX.

Gotta catch ’em all!
Gotta catch ’em all!
2 B a master! Pokemon Jedi Master!

monty  
Recently Committed Human

Committed in Sep 2002
I'm in

Nov 04, 2005  7:44 AM 9

Originally posted by vangleason
I find the bilingual packaging rather stylish.

Then I'd hate to see the inside of your closets.

chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju
Add chdude3 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chdude3
Send a Private Message to chdude3!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Addiction Index™: 4045
Nov 08, 2005  8:32 PM 10

Yeah I was kind of annoyed when I saw the covers, too. I may return one copy and try to get another from Amazon.com; I'm sure my dad won't even notice on the copy that I got for him.

Wanting what I've got. Life is good!
smoke67  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• I'm Brand-Spanking New! •
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add smoke67 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from smoke67
Send a Private Message to smoke67!

Committed in Jun 2005
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 3
Nov 21, 2005  9:49 PM 11

I'll either find a replacement cover to print out or have to order it from the US. But with a large movie collection the bilingual packaging is a rather large annoyance. The reduced visibility of the film title on the spine is a big deal when you have over 400 dvd's in a bookcase. I want nothing to do with that packaging.

E Man  
Thoroughly Brainwashed

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in different
B.C.
Nov 24, 2005  2:06 PM 12

For all of you that need a printable version...

http://www.covers.to/index.php?pid=...;mod=front+back

I give and I give... Joyeux noel!!

E Man
STEPHIANDZACK  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add STEPHIANDZACK to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from STEPHIANDZACK
Send a Private Message to STEPHIANDZACK!Visit STEPHIANDZACK's homepage!

Committed in Jun 2002
I'm in freebie land
BC
Addiction Index™: 348
Nov 28, 2005  8:44 AM 13

New & Hot Teen Books at Chapters!

Originally posted by E Man
For all of you that need a printable version...

http://www.covers.to/index.php?pid=...;mod=front+back

I give and I give... Joyeux noel!!

Thanks SOOOO much for that link! Now I can reprint all my game and DVD covers that have been damaged over time.

sdifox  
Growin' Gills!
Add sdifox to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sdifox
Send a Private Message to sdifox!Visit sdifox's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Toronto
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 600
Nov 28, 2005  3:16 PM 14

Does the French soundtrack make it a better movie? I watched it in English and almost fell asleep...

Optoma HD6800, 92" Greywolf II, Marantz AV9000 Outlaw 750, Def Tech BP-2000TL, BP-10B, LCR2000, Panasonic RP-82S, Pioneer DV-505, JVC 3-CD/ MD Deck, Technic 60 CD Changer, 1200+DVDs, 60 DVD-Audio
E Man  
Thoroughly Brainwashed

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in different
B.C.
Jan 15, 2006  11:49 PM 15

Originally posted by sdifox
Does the French soundtrack make it a better movie? I watched it in English and almost fell asleep...

oh wow, that's fresh.

E Man
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Star Wars Episode III bilingual packaging!   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
1:52 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)