It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Famous Players New $9.95 Admission!

Famous Players New $9.95 Admission!

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
Feb 03, 2005  12:49 PM 16

Originally posted by vangleason
You might consider NOT living in the boonies. Much as I hate living in a big city, what I would hate even more is having no real choice. Living in a place where you can choose between Famous, Cineplex, AMC, Rainbow, Alliance-Atlantis and quite a few independent screens (in addition to a great Cinematheque and several fabulous film festivals) is truly the only way to live. Any other way of living would be like, uh, ... death.

Well that thought has crossed my mind for the film options as well as other reasons but with a 1 bedroom running at what - $800? I'll have to choose to not be homeless and live in a cheaper part of the prov. - unless of course you're looking to be a non-sexual sugardaddy . Till then I'll have to remain content to live 90-120 (depending on traffic) from the centre of the universe and renting the good movies when they hit disc (when on when will A Low Dirty Shame be released...)

The Naked Gord Program web broadcast. Video, Mp3s and more...
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Peanuts  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add Peanuts to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Peanuts
Send a Private Message to Peanuts!

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in Pergatory
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 945
Feb 04, 2005  7:34 PM 17

Sorry to disappoint you NG but in Toronto a half decent 1 bedroom will set you back about $ 1,000.00 plus phone and cable. You could probably get one for $ 800.00 but they are extremely rare and decent ones are even more rare.

I'm tiny, I'm toony, I'm just a little loony
Paulbg2000  
Growin' Gills!
Add Paulbg2000 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Paulbg2000
Send a Private Message to Paulbg2000!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in the GTA
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 607
Feb 05, 2005  5:30 PM 18

Originally posted by NakedGord
(when on when will A Low Dirty Shame be released...)

A Low Down Dirty Shame was released a few weeks ago, I've seen it at my local HMV for about $10....

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord

Committed in May 2001

Feb 05, 2005  5:39 PM 19

Originally posted by Paulbg2000
A Low Down Dirty Shame was released a few weeks ago, I've seen it at my local HMV for about $10....

Brainfart on my end. I ment "A Dirty Shame". These are the things that happens when you read briefly about it then have to wait months to see it on disc lol. Thanks for the heads up tho

eiffel  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add eiffel to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from eiffel
Send a Private Message to eiffel!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in a love-hate relationship with my pc

Addiction Index™: 293
Feb 22, 2005  8:11 AM 20

If this goes through $9.95 admission will be history:

Cineplex Says Would Consider Famous Players Buy

TORONTO (Reuters) - Cineplex Galaxy Limited Partnership, Canada's No. 2 movie theater chain, said on Monday it would consider buying larger rival Famous Players, which is being shopped around by U.S. parent Viacom Inc. .

Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed. Michael Pritchard
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants

Committed in May 2001

Feb 22, 2005  8:32 AM 21

Originally posted by eiffel
If this goes through $9.95 admission will be history:

Cineplex Says Would Consider Famous Players Buy

TORONTO (Reuters) - Cineplex Galaxy Limited Partnership, Canada's No. 2 movie theater chain, said on Monday it would consider buying larger rival Famous Players, which is being shopped around by U.S. parent Viacom Inc. .

It might be good for me since Cineplex is the only chain that shows movies I'd pay to see and FP is the theatre that's closest to me (within a couple blocks) but I'd be shocked if the competition bureau would let this through without another company like AMC taking a chunk of them to provide competition within an area (i.e. if this did happen 4 of the 5 in my area would be FP/Cineplex and the other is a dumpie discount theatre).

bookhead  
Add bookhead to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bookhead
Send a Private Message to bookhead!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in side your computer

Addiction Index™: 1491
Mar 04, 2005  10:12 PM 22

To follow on this topic, here's an interesting short essay on Why are all movies the same price?

Civilization is a pyramid scheme. -Ronald Wright
Schick  
Succumbing to Mind Control...
Add Schick to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Schick
Send a Private Message to Schick!

Committed in Mar 2005
I'm in the horseshoe
ON
Addiction Index™: 48
Mar 28, 2005  6:17 PM 23

Hey fellow Fishies

I've been a regular to the bowl for a few years now, finally got around to joining and posting.

I was really interested in this particular post as I work for one of the bigger movie chains mentioned (just an average worker in the office...nothing special)
Anyways I sent your comments over to my boss ( and they subsequently sent it to their boss) and they thought it was great to see what people were saying about the company. I have no doubt they'll take everything into some consideration (even if it doesn't make BIG change)

So thank you all - even fishies can make differences and no matter what movie chain you go to - ENJOY! I love love love the movies

Lil British Fishy
bookhead  
Add bookhead to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from bookhead

Committed in Jun 2001

Apr 22, 2005  4:12 AM 24

Anyone wanna bet we see a return to the old Famous Player's pricing structure in the next couple of weeks? Say in time for Star Wars and the rest of the big summer flicks...

They did say it was for a limited time only, but perhaps it really has been more profitable for them. Only time will tell, but in the meantime lay your bets...

(I'd take 2-1 that it will rise.)

NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants

Committed in May 2001

Apr 29, 2005  10:29 PM 25

Originally posted by vangleason
You might consider NOT living in the boonies. Much as I hate living in a big city, what I would hate even more is having no real choice. Living in a place where you can choose between Famous, Cineplex, AMC, Rainbow, Alliance-Atlantis and quite a few independent screens (in addition to a great Cinematheque and several fabulous film festivals) is truly the only way to live. Any other way of living would be like, uh, ... death.

If it was possible at this time VG, If it was....

Unless you're looking to be a sugar daddy...got a thing for chubby guys with long red hair lol

bookhead  

Committed in Jun 2001

May 05, 2005  6:51 PM 27 Dell.ca: Great deals on Windows PCs!

Originally posted by bookhead
Anyone wanna bet we see a return to the old Famous Player's pricing structure in the next couple of weeks? Say in time for Star Wars and the rest of the big summer flicks...

They did say it was for a limited time only, but perhaps it really has been more profitable for them. Only time will tell, but in the meantime lay your bets...

(I'd take 2-1 that it will rise.)

Happily, I was wrong. Today's entertainment papers have an Famous Players ad with "Extended!" in large font letters across the $9.95 price.

(So it looks like I lost my bet, but I'll make it up in admission savings...)

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Famous Players New $9.95 Admission!   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
6:10 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)