It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Why are all my posts being deleted?

Why are all my posts being deleted?

Go to FIRST page   1   2  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Dakota  
Growin' Gills!
Add Dakota to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Dakota
Send a Private Message to Dakota!

Committed in Apr 2002
I'm in T.O
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 879
Nov 01, 2002  6:09 PM 1

I can understand you deleting my post twice in seriouse, because I asked the mods to stay on topic, no inane chatting & to use substance. (talk about hypocritical)
now the post in melting pot too? because I clarefied what the real problem was with catclaw! are we hiding something, I never mentioned anyones name, nor did I say it was a fact, I was just letting everyone know what catclaw meant, so no one would feel unsafe at the bowl!
This is crazy!

Be who you are, & say what you feel!
Because those who matter, don't mind.
& those who mind, don't matter.

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
ronnie99  
I live for Juju!
Add ronnie99 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from ronnie99
Send a Private Message to ronnie99!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1856
Nov 01, 2002  6:46 PM 2

Originally posted by Dakota
I can understand you deleting my post twice in seriouse, because I asked the mods to stay on topic, no inane chatting & to use substance. (talk about hypocritical)
now the post in melting pot too? because I clarefied what the real problem was with catclaw! are we hiding something, I never mentioned anyones name, nor did I say it was a fact, I was just letting everyone know what catclaw meant, so no one would feel unsafe at the bowl!
This is crazy!

Was that a post with a link in it, if so it's still there, if not...Well I don't know...

I had a post last week deleted because I questioned why a rules quote was posted in the middle of a thread where it made no sense. That was the "Congrats we have new slaves" thread

Dakota  
Growin' Gills!
Add Dakota to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Dakota

Committed in Apr 2002
I'm in T.O
Ontario
Nov 01, 2002  7:19 PM 3

No it was the next one explaining what had happened to catclaw, on another site, & who ever did this took info that was posted at gfl to there, but I didn't put that part in, I was just explaining what catclaw meant by stolen IP, someone used all her info & posed as her and put nasty stuff on a site that she mods at, then they deleted that post!
then I posted in seriouse about the mods chit chatting & disobeying the very same inane chatting, non substance using, non ignor button using posts as they feed us all the time & i rew posted it just incase it was accidently removed, then 2 minutes later they deleted it again.
next will be this topic thread, but I was just curiouse as to what was offensive or not appropriate about those posts? I never mentioned names I never accused anyone of anything, & I certainly didn't offend anyone, I stated the same rules, that are stated every day to us, & i was just clearing up what catclaw was talking about so there was no more confusion.

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Nov 01, 2002  7:24 PM 4

Dakota, note that the rules states that "once in a while it's appropriate". We don't delete every single offtopic/inane post. But some people do post them a lot more than others and/or when they aren't appropriate. So we're more severe with the repeat offenders than we are with the odd inane post here and there.

Still, I don't think your post should have been deleted unless it was insulting or you were harping on how insulted you're feeling about the "exclusive" rules of Serious?

This is crazy!

Again, I'm not aware of this one. That would indeed be a bizarre deletion if thats all there was to it. I've asked the mods to comment.

Originally posted by ronnie99
I had a post last week deleted because I questioned why a rules quote was posted in the middle of a thread where it made no sense. That was the "Congrats we have new slaves" thread

Hmmm, it does make sense -- the original offensive post contents was deleted and replaced with the yellow signs. But I still don't quite get why your post was deleted. Wish there was a way to keep track of deleted posts...

Costa The Slaveboy Edited by a Juju Slave on
Nov 01, 2002 at 7:37 PM

ronnie99  
I live for Juju!
Add ronnie99 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from ronnie99
Send a Private Message to ronnie99!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1856
Nov 01, 2002  7:32 PM 5

Chapters.Indigo Gift Cards!

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs

Hmmm, it does make sense -- the origal offensive post contents was deleted and replaced, but I still don't quite get why the post was deleted. Wish there was a way to keep track of deleted posts...

I figured that, but when there was no post that it referenced to, I just wondered Then my post was deleted so I was (thanks for the reply )

Dakota  
Growin' Gills!

Committed in Apr 2002
I'm in T.O
Ontario
Nov 01, 2002  7:57 PM 6

just take a look at the eviction from tent city thread 2 mods & one other had to start hmmming & hahhhhing over one person not posting the way they want, like is that the example setters for this board?
I wasn't picking on anyone in particular, I was just trying to bring to the attention of the people posting to get back to topic & stop bashing this person.

I posted

(no :inane" chatting, substance people substance. now follow the rules )

with the happy face & all, so there was no need to delete it.

GoldfishLegs  

Committed in May 2001

Nov 01, 2002  8:04 PM 7

just take a look at the eviction from tent city thread 2 mods & one other had to start hmmming & hahhhhing over one person not posting the way they want, like is that the example setters for this board?
I wasn't picking on anyone in particular, I was just trying to bring to the attention of the people posting to get back to topic & stop bashing this person.

I posted

(no :inane" chatting, substance people substance. now follow the rules )

with the happy face & all, so there was no need to delete it.

Would you mind providing a link to the pages where the so-called "hmmming & hahhhhing" took place?

Costa The Slaveboy
chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju
Add chdude3 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chdude3
Send a Private Message to chdude3!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Addiction Index™: 4045
Nov 01, 2002  8:10 PM 8

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs
Would you mind providing a link to the pages where the so-called "hmmming & hahhhhing" took place?

I think she means the last few posts in the last page of the "Eviction from Tent City" thread, here. There was some banter about the word "polarized", and AZ was hoping some new discussion would get generated. I got excited when I saw those last few posts, thought more talk was getting started. Oh well!

Wanting what I've got. Life is good!
Dakota  
Growin' Gills!

Committed in Apr 2002
I'm in T.O
Ontario
Nov 01, 2002  8:16 PM 9

This person meant no harm by their post, maybe a simple read the guidelines would have been appropriate, but to start complaining! come on, & I didn't see any of the people critisizing the person, show any substance!
so what debate did you see get started there? just curiouse?

chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju
Add chdude3 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from chdude3

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Nov 01, 2002  8:22 PM 10

so what debate did you see get started there? just curiouse?

There wasn't any, hence my disappointment. I just meant that when I saw new posts in that thread (from AbilityZone/Dewcat/2batgirl), I thought that people had started discussing the situation again - but it was just some clarification on vocabulary. AZ's was the last post I've seen - and I guess still is, for now?

Wanting what I've got. Life is good!
Dakota  
Growin' Gills!

Committed in Apr 2002
I'm in T.O
Ontario
Nov 01, 2002  9:07 PM 11

for now on, save me the story about saving me the embarrassment by pm ing me.
it is more like the other way around.
& I will save people their embarrassment, by not mentioning names, but please don't pm me, & deny my pming you back, that is like I got the last word in and that is that, I can't even ask a question in regards to the pm!
I may be very opinionated, but I am not unreasonable! I never threaten or swear at anyone, so why the fear of my response? we are all grown ups here! I think?
I may not agree with someone, but I will not freak out on anyone unless they have freaked out on me.
my point is! if I said something wrong or out of context, then by all means delete my post, I am not worried about my rights here. as said before, this is not my site, & I can leave!
I would just like to know what in particular was so offensive, so I can correct myself, & refrain from repeating the same mistake.
& my points about what other people are doing is just to correct a future problem! I even added a smiley face.
I just didn't want that person who was being posted about to get hurt & upset like I have a few times, so I was trying to stop another repeat of the rules, & no personal attacks blah blah blah.
I just thought that the mods should see what they were doing, just in case it was a simple mistake no harm intended type comment on their behalf.
just no more pm's if I can't reply back to maybe further my curiosity, I don't need it!
but on another note, thanks for clearing up some of what the problem was.

Edited by Dakota on
Nov 01, 2002 at 9:12 PM

GoldfishLegs  

Committed in May 2001

Nov 01, 2002  9:39 PM 12

just no more pm's if I can't reply back to maybe further my curiosity, I don't need it!

Why can't you reply? I fooled with the PM permissions today, so there may be glitches. I've tested it and it seemed to work fine but you never know... please let me know if you're getting weird errors.

Costa The Slaveboy
Dakota  
Growin' Gills!

Committed in Apr 2002
I'm in T.O
Ontario
Nov 01, 2002  9:54 PM 13

I can't reply because they put me on deny reciept!

chdude3  
I'm a slave for Juju

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the zone!
Rock rock on!
Nov 01, 2002  10:05 PM 14

I can't reply because they put me on deny reciept!

Dakota, I sent you a private message, but I sent it requesting a Read Receipt. What this does is it lets me know if/when you have read the PM.

When a PM arrives and it has been sent requesting a Read Receipt, it will show up in your inbox, with smaller text beside it saying "Deny Receipt". If you click this link, it will inform the sender that you have indeed denied receipt of the PM. I've never actually denied receipt, but I would think that if you click it, it will inform the sender you have denied receipt, and will then not allow you to access the PM.

I'm sure Costa can elaborate further.

Edit: To further clarify, Costa has indeed been playing with PM settings recently. Did you in fact try to reply to the PM(s) you have received?

Edit2: My inbox was actually full (just tried to send a PM to myself ), but it is clean now. You should receive a message stating this if you attempt to PM a user with a full inbox.

Edit3: The Request Read Receipt functionality seems a bit broken, this will be mentioned to Costa.

Wanting what I've got. Life is good! Edited by chdude3 on
Nov 01, 2002 at 10:12 PM

Dakota  
Growin' Gills!

Committed in Apr 2002
I'm in T.O
Ontario
Nov 01, 2002  10:16 PM 15

It said this person is not accepting pms from you, In words something along those lines.
I am not trying to be harsh, but I would like to know what I said in that post more or less, that was found so offending or critical! I don't care if its gone I am not trying to make any points in that thread, I thought I would just clear all the whats & whose, & ip confusion!
If it was wrong, fine! but at least give me the curtesy of telling me basic along the lines of what was inappropriate about it!
I mean I seen worse in that thread, my post prior to that was worse I think. in my eyes at least.
I thought I was being very sensible & not taking any sides on the matter, but then I can't judge myself, now can I?

Edited by Dakota on
Nov 01, 2002 at 10:23 PM

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page   1   2  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Why are all my posts being deleted?   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
12:06 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)