It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > The Melting Pot > Did you quit smoking and what worked for you?

Did you quit smoking and what worked for you?

Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
What helped you quit smoking?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The patch 7 25.00%
Nicotine gum 2 7.14%
Zyban 5 17.86%
Other (please explain) 14 50.00%
Total: 28 votes 100%

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Fossil  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add Fossil to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Fossil
Send a Private Message to Fossil!

Committed in Apr 2005
I'm in Powell River
British Columbia
Addiction Index™: 1486
Jul 02, 2007  4:16 PM 16

Originally posted by willbear
I used Allan Carr's book and quit cold turkey little over a year ago now. Other than my kids motivating me, I was coming up on my 30th birthday and I knew that if I was still smoking then-ever day after that I would have been smoking more than half my life, and I hated the sound of that.

This is being REALLY picky, but...
if every day after 30 is more than half your life I guess I should be dead when I turn 60 this year?

Mothers love and teach - GRANDMOTHERS teach love!
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Vidgal  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Vidgal to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Vidgal
Send a Private Message to Vidgal!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in describable
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 400
Jul 20, 2007  8:03 PM 17

I am using the nicorette inhalor. Helps with the hand to mouth thing too. It has been 1 month for me. In case any one is interested there is a great program where you can get FREE nicorette products to to www.stopstudy.ca and fill out a questionaire and you will receive 10 weeks worth of stop smoking aids ( patch, gum or inhalor). They give you a voucher number that you take to a participating pharmacy. The good news though is if you don' t live near a pharmacy they will purolate it right to your door. You just have to email them with your voucher number and the type of treatment you want along with your name and addy. Good luck to all who are trying to quit. I sure hope this try sticks for me!

Prozkgrl  
Growin' Gills!
Add Prozkgrl to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Prozkgrl
Send a Private Message to Prozkgrl!

Committed in Jun 2004
I'm in Southern
SK
Addiction Index™: 806
Sep 13, 2007  6:33 PM 18

Hubby and I quit cold turkey, on New Year's day, 2002. It was a resolution. We sat on the couch, staring at the TV, and every now and then I'd burst into a quiet cry. We loaded up on chocolate but eventually got our butts out the door for mega walking.

><((�>�.�.���`�.><((�>�.�.���`�.><((�>
crazymary  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• I'm Brand-Spanking New! •
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add crazymary to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from crazymary
Send a Private Message to crazymary!

Committed in Oct 2007
I'm in
BC
Addiction Index™: 4
Oct 21, 2007  11:10 PM 19

I quit when I got pregnant. I didn't quit cold turkey, but instead cut a smoke out a day until I was at zero. It was the hardest thing to do. For my husband it was hard for him too...I was hormonal and going through withdrawl.

You say I'm crazy like that's a bad thing!
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page <- Previous Page   1   2    Go to LAST page   
total pages: 2
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > The Melting Pot > Did you quit smoking and what worked for you?   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
8:23 PM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)