It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > HELP! I need help with... > 'phishing' problems

'phishing' problems

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
tiecat  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add tiecat to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from tiecat
Send a Private Message to tiecat!

Committed in Aug 2004
I'm in Toronto
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 257
Aug 29, 2007  10:48 AM 1

I received an email from Web Perspectives, I'd done lots of surveys from them and thought nothing of it, but this time when I clicked on the start of the survey I got a pop-up:

WARNING

"Phishing" Web Site

The web site you wish to open shows signs of involvement in "phishing", a scam in which a criminal's web site masquerades as a legitimate commercial site to obtain your credit card number or other person information for nefarious purposes.

Suggestion: Close your web browser window and do not reopen this web site.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Now I don't want to do anymore online surveys.... I liked the $5 here and there and free products!!!

I will sacrifice I promise I'll behave I'll keep my head high I'll keep my foot out of the grave
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
michh  
Growin' Gills!
Add michh to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from michh
Send a Private Message to michh!

Committed in Jun 2006
I'm in
nova scotia
Addiction Index™: 760
Aug 29, 2007  11:06 AM 2

Originally posted by tiecat
I received an email from Web Perspectives, I'd done lots of surveys from them and thought nothing of it, but this time when I clicked on the start of the survey I got a pop-up:

WARNING

"Phishing" Web Site

The web site you wish to open shows signs of involvement in "phishing", a scam in which a criminal's web site masquerades as a legitimate commercial site to obtain your credit card number or other person information for nefarious purposes.

Suggestion: Close your web browser window and do not reopen this web site.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Now I don't want to do anymore online surveys.... I liked the $5 here and there and free products!!!

I haven't received one of these emails yet, but I'll watch out for it. I do these surveys all the time too.

lunamaya  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add lunamaya to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from lunamaya
Send a Private Message to lunamaya!

Committed in Apr 2006
I'm in
Saskatchewan
Addiction Index™: 415
Aug 29, 2007  6:56 PM 3

Thanks for the warning, tiecat

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian." -Paul McCartney
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
Be friendly - not greedy!
No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > HELP! I need help with... > 'phishing' problems   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
1:33 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)