It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Unaltered Star Wars DVDs are coming

Unaltered Star Wars DVDs are coming

UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
May 05, 2006  4:29 PM 1

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/...ws20060503.html

Original Unaltered Trilogy on DVD is coming this September (just in time for Xmas )

It's about time, but the double-dipping is still shameful. I hope these'll have all the extras the first set has.

In response to overwhelming demand, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release attractively priced individual two-disc releases of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Each release includes the 2004 digitally remastered version of the movie and, as bonus material, the theatrical edition of the film.

And they're taking a page out of Disney's marketing bible:

"This release will only be available for a limited time: from September 12th to December 31st."

Costa The Slaveboy
Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Neen  

Add Neen to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Neen
Send a Private Message to Neen!

Committed in Oct 2001
I'm in Demand!

Addiction Index™: 4098
May 05, 2006  5:10 PM 2

I tried to watch the altered episodes and it was looking at a whole new movie all along. Not the same magic as the original unaltered trilogy.

Anything for them to make a buck with the "limited time" bit!

р��.���`�.�><((((�>FEH!!
gilsan  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add gilsan to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from gilsan
Send a Private Message to gilsan!Visit gilsan's homepage!

Committed in Jul 2001
I'm in Bridgewater NS

Addiction Index™: 1440
May 05, 2006  9:31 PM 3

I bought the crap version at Christmas because I thought we wouldn't ever see the original on DVD, Lucas sucks

snugabugblankets.etsy.com
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
May 06, 2006  1:10 AM 4

For those of you who've already bought them I'd assume it'd be legal for you to rent n burn the "new" old versions since it's the same film you've already bought

Just be sure to use a HQ made in Japan disc if this is really a limited edition disc.

The Naked Gord Program web broadcast. Video, Mp3s and more...
Paulbg2000  
Growin' Gills!
Add Paulbg2000 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Paulbg2000
Send a Private Message to Paulbg2000!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in the GTA
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 607
Jun 18, 2006  1:47 PM 5

I guess this is old news by now, the DVD versions released at Xmas will be the current versions of the movie....with the original versions as Special Features on the DVDs presented in a glorious Full Frame format...

That was the last I heard about them, anyone else heard anything differently?

Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery
Add Rustling Leaf to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rustling Leaf
Send a Private Message to Rustling Leaf!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Addiction Index™: 2395
Jun 22, 2006  1:35 AM 6

That’s all I’ve heard too. I’m guessing there’s not enough time between now and Xmas to make new transfers, and that’s why they used the old, non-anamorphic Laserdisc transfers. They just wanted to get another edition of these movies out there in time to sell to the saps that will buy them over and over. Who knows, maybe in a year or two they’ll make new transfers and sell it on DVD and HD-DVD (with iridescent covers, of course).

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Jun 23, 2006  6:37 PM 7

Full frame?! What a double-dip rip.

Costa The Slaveboy
gilsan  
Permanent Patient of the Juju Asylum
Add gilsan to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from gilsan
Send a Private Message to gilsan!Visit gilsan's homepage!

Committed in Jul 2001
I'm in Bridgewater NS

Addiction Index™: 1440
Jun 23, 2006  9:25 PM 8

Futureshop is listing them as Widescreen - 2.35:1, nothing about anamorphic

snugabugblankets.etsy.com
sdifox  
Growin' Gills!
Add sdifox to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from sdifox
Send a Private Message to sdifox!Visit sdifox's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Toronto
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 600
Jun 24, 2006  7:14 AM 9

Originally posted by GoldfishLegs
Full frame?! What a double-dip rip.

Are we talking about full frame or pan and scan? I don't mind full frame that much, since it is just shot in 4:3 and masked to produce widescreen. P&S is taking something shot in wide and crop the side and pan which is crap.

Not that I am going to buy this.

Optoma HD6800, 92" Greywolf II, Marantz AV9000 Outlaw 750, Def Tech BP-2000TL, BP-10B, LCR2000, Panasonic RP-82S, Pioneer DV-505, JVC 3-CD/ MD Deck, Technic 60 CD Changer, 1200+DVDs, 60 DVD-Audio
E Man  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add E Man to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from E Man
Send a Private Message to E Man!

Committed in Jan 2002
I'm in different
B.C.
Addiction Index™: 273
Jun 26, 2006  7:00 PM 10

They will be widescreen, and non-anamorphic. I will wait. VHS will do for now.

E Man
Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery
Add Rustling Leaf to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Rustling Leaf

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Jul 11, 2006  10:33 PM 11

More crazy news!

from www.thedigitalbits.com:
Our friend Arnaud Calistri, who runs the DVDRama.com website in France, e-mailed me yesterday to say that Fox France has confirmed with him that the original versions of the Star Wars films to be released on DVD there will be in anamorphic widescreen (enhanced for widescreen 16x9 TVs). As many of you know, they were announced for release here in the States and elsewhere in non-anamorphic (letterboxed) widescreen only, causing a furor among fans (and rightly so). This news, if true, means one of two things: Either Lucasfilm quickly got their act together when fans complained and created new anamorphic masters for the DVD release everywhere (and it just hasn't been announced here in the States yet), or France is getting better DVDs that the rest of the world. If they DID get their act together, expect Lucasfilm's fan relations guru, Steve Sansweet, to make a massive deal about it the company's Star Wars panel at Comic-Con next week. If they DIDN'T get their act together, and France IS getting better discs, expect fans to make a massive deal about it. We'll ask all the right people to see if we can find out the truth of the matter.

Rustling Leaf  
Extra Buttery

Committed in May 2001
I'm in the microwave

Jul 12, 2006  10:25 PM 12

Nevermind the above post. Silly French people.

We've gotten a follow-up e-mail from our friend Arnaud at DVDRama in France. He's actually had the chance to see, with his own two eyes, the new Star Wars DVDs being released there, and it turns out Fox France was wrong. Someone in marketing over there apparently still doesn't know what anamorphic means. The special edition versions of the films on Disc One of each set are anamorphic, but the original theatrical editions on Disc Two of each are definitely NOT anamorphic. They're just letterboxed widescreen as we expected. Fox France has apparently apologized for the confusion, and we definitely appreciate Arnaud's efforts in confirming the truth of the situation. France is getting the same sub-par Star Wars DVDs as the rest of us.

Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > DVD, Movies, TV, Games > Unaltered Star Wars DVDs are coming   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
3:35 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)