It's Juju, the Canadian Fish!

Take me home, Juju!Deals, Steals, 'n Coupons      Canadian Online Shopping!     Free Stuff for Canada!     Jump into the Message Bowl!

Help & About

All Canadian,
All the time!
           Juju's Message Bowl!  
    MyBowl: Change your settings, view your subscribed threads & manage your Private Messages! Search the Bowl Help me! I'm confused!            

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments

Go to FIRST page   1   2 3 4 5  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
Abilityzone  
I've got an Eraser, and I'm not afraid to use it!
Add Abilityzone to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Abilityzone
Send a Private Message to Abilityzone!

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Serious need of a
Life, Ontario
Addiction Index™: 2829
Sep 24, 2002  8:14 PM 1

There is no such thing as a stupid question, just silly answers!
Have a concern? Confused about a Bowl function? Unsure about where to post what?

Drop us a line here in Mod's World! and we will try to answer your silly... I mean pertinent and important questions!

If you have concern that you think merits it's own thread, please feel free to start one. We don't want the serious stuff to get mixed up with general questions.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year.
Pink Floyd AZ
Edited by a Juju Slave on
Oct 18, 2002 at 5:08 PM

Edit/Del  Inappropriate post? Quote this message and Reply to it!
Dakota  
Growin' Gills!
Add Dakota to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Dakota
Send a Private Message to Dakota!

Committed in Apr 2002
I'm in T.O
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 879
Sep 24, 2002  9:40 PM 2

what is a juju's probulator

Be who you are, & say what you feel!
Because those who matter, don't mind.
& those who mind, don't matter.

Abilityzone  
Add Abilityzone to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Abilityzone

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Serious need of a
Life, Ontario
Sep 25, 2002  6:11 PM 3

Put your seat back, relax and let Juju take you on a journey of discovery. Calm seas, white sands send Juju money and gentle breezes waft off of the clear blue waters. Your senses tingle and your mind drifts small denominations will do fine off to simpler, gentler times.

Repeat after me. Juju is king. Juju is my life. Juju is king. Juju is my life.

You have now been probulated. Please come again.

Pink Floyd AZ

Dakota  
Growin' Gills!
Add Dakota to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Dakota
Send a Private Message to Dakota!

Committed in Apr 2002
I'm in T.O
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 879
Sep 26, 2002  2:11 PM 4

Thanx I really enjoyed that
will a 20 do?

Be who you are, & say what you feel!
Because those who matter, don't mind.
& those who mind, don't matter.
Edited by Dakota on
Sep 26, 2002 at 2:12 PM

Abilityzone  

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Serious need of a
Life, Ontario
Sep 26, 2002  2:25 PM 5 Dell.ca: Great deals on Windows PCs!

I only take nickles for my sage advice.

Pink Floyd AZ

Aberfoyle  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Aberfoyle to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Aberfoyle
Send a Private Message to Aberfoyle!

Committed in Apr 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 531
Oct 06, 2002  5:31 AM 6

I have a silly question/comment about the design of this particular forum - it has gotten so that I have to scroll down a whole page (on my measly 15" monitor) to see the first live thread in here. The top of the page is taken up with the sub-forums and there long descriptions, and then a bunch of "locked at the top - stickie pin" topics like this very one.

Is there anything that could be done to thin this out a little, and give me and my mouse a bit of a break on the way to all that juicy content down there?

GoldfishLegs  
Juju's put me back on the chain-gang.
Send a Private Message to GoldfishLegs!Visit GoldfishLegs's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in pain from Juju's fin wapping!

Addiction Index™: 7627
Oct 06, 2002  11:00 AM 7

Originally posted by Aberfoyle
I have a silly question/comment about the design of this particular forum - it has gotten so that I have to scroll down a whole page (on my measly 15" monitor) to see the first live thread in here. The top of the page is taken up with the sub-forums and there long descriptions, and then a bunch of "locked at the top - stickie pin" topics like this very one.

Is there anything that could be done to thin this out a little, and give me and my mouse a bit of a break on the way to all that juicy content down there?

I noticed this too, but there's not much we can do since this area is the melting pot of the Bowl. I'm a stickler for minimalism, but I don't see much that can be cut.

My suggestion: use the SPACE BAR. It doubles as "page down". No more carpal tunnel!

[added: I reworked the subforum descriptions to use one less line each, and unstuck a now-obsolete "Posting Guidelines" -- so that's 2 less lines - yay! )

Costa The Slaveboy Edited by a Juju Slave on
Oct 06, 2002 at 11:09 AM

Abilityzone  

Committed in Jun 2001
I'm in Serious need of a
Life, Ontario
Oct 06, 2002  7:58 PM 8

Oh, my God! I am always using my pc and was not aware of the space bar = page down function. Sometimes I guess that you get a set way of doing things and forget to explore new and exciting ways of doing things.

If this thread doesn't get more play I guess I should unstick it. I guess nobody wants to us any questions Mr. Fish.

Pink Floyd AZ

ronnie99  
I live for Juju!
Add ronnie99 to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from ronnie99
Send a Private Message to ronnie99!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in

Addiction Index™: 1856
Oct 06, 2002  8:08 PM 9

Originally posted by Abilityzone
Oh, my God! I am always using my pc and was not aware of the space bar = page down function. Sometimes I guess that you get a set way of doing things and forget to explore new and exciting ways of doing things.

If this thread doesn't get more play I guess I should unstick it. I guess nobody wants to us any questions Mr. Fish.

I don't have a question, but thatnks for letting us know that about the space bar. I didn't know that, would have saved me a fortune in scrolling mice!

GoldfishLegs  

Committed in May 2001

Oct 07, 2002  1:12 AM 10

Nah, leave it. People will know where to go when they do have a question.

Costa The Slaveboy
NakedGord  
I'm not wearing pants
Add NakedGord to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from NakedGord
Send a Private Message to NakedGord!Visit NakedGord's homepage!

Committed in May 2001
I'm in Bloc, NDP or Lib-the Cons will still be kept dowm

Addiction Index™: 2750
Oct 07, 2002  2:33 AM 11

Think of it as you've done such a good job that things are so simple for people to understand

The Naked Gord Program web broadcast. Video, Mp3s and more...
ghoti  
Growin' Gills!
Add ghoti to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from ghoti
Send a Private Message to ghoti!

Committed in Sep 2002
I'm in dependently poor

Addiction Index™: 598
Oct 08, 2002  10:52 AM 12

when moderators edit messages posted by others, they're clearly noted in message. but when moderators delete messages, it's not noted anywhere and the poster is not given a reason for the deletion. how come?

GoldfishLegs  

Committed in May 2001

Oct 08, 2002  4:12 PM 13

Originally posted by ghoti
when moderators edit messages posted by others, they're clearly noted in message. but when moderators delete messages, it's not noted anywhere and the poster is not given a reason for the deletion. how come?

Because it creates extra work which we shouldn't be doing if the posted rules were followed in the first place. Our job is not to impart the rules after they're broken. The rules are posted clearly, in point form, and everyone must make themselves aware of them. http://www.goldfishlegs.net/bowl/mi...=faq&page=4 (this link is at the bottom left corner of almost every page in the Bowl)

If we don't provide a reason for the deletion, it means that the post was an obvious trangression of a clearly stated rule.

If the post is iffy / not covered explicitly by a rule, then we'd edit the text out of the post and provide a reason.

We'll also provide a reason or a PM if the same person keeps breaking the same rule.

If you're not sure what rule you broke or why your post was deleted, reply to the thread and the mod that deleted it will hopefully see your question and explain themselves. That's the best we can do since there's no way to track who deleted a post.

Costa The Slaveboy Edited by a Juju Slave on
Oct 08, 2002 at 4:24 PM

Vidgal  
Thoroughly Brainwashed
Add Vidgal to your Ignore List -- this will hide all posts and ignore all PMs from Vidgal
Send a Private Message to Vidgal!

Committed in May 2002
I'm in describable
Ontario
Addiction Index™: 400
Oct 15, 2002  12:13 PM 14

How do I change my user name? I went to my bowl and I can change password, etc but there was not place to change my user name.

GoldfishLegs  

Committed in May 2001

Oct 16, 2002  12:56 AM 15

Originally posted by val
How do I change my user name? I went to my bowl and I can change password, etc but there was not place to change my user name.

Send me a PM.

Costa The Slaveboy
Add your Reply to this Discussion!
track this discussion
   Go to FIRST page   1   2 3 4 5  Next Page -> Go to LAST page   
total pages: 26
  UP to previous discussion
  DOWN to next discussion
Juju's Rules of the Bowl*
• Be friendly - not greedy!
• No question is too stupid! (really!)
Deal with the Gnarlies

*read the the Full rules

HOME > The Bowl > Thinking Outside the Bowl > Bowl Questions - Concerns - Comments   

Juju's Bowl | MyBowl | Search Messages | List Cult Members | My Settings | Help       Join Us!
7:12 AM   

Quit pokin' me!

[Home] [Shop-O-Matic] [Juju's Bowl]
Please forward all comments, suggestions, & edible flake donations to JUJU the Bowlmaster
© 1999-2020 GoldfishLegs - All Wrongs Reversed & Trades Marked (because Fish have lawyers too!)